Author Topic: What we know so far about Microsoft’s rumoured affordable Windows 10 tablet  (Read 279 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Microsoft is reportedly planning to launch a new Surface-branded Windows 10-powered tablet that won’t cost more than $400 and it would compete with Apple iPad in the education market. The rumored Surface tablet will feature rounded corners and it may still borrow some design cues from the existing models of Surface Pro lineup.

The software maker is rumored to launch the Surface Tablet to compete with the iPad this year, according to Bloomberg’s sources. The key capabilities of the Surface lineup such as Type Cover, note-taking would be retained.

The tablet will feature much less powerful chips than the current Core i5 and i7 models offered on expensive Surface Pro.

Specifications

It’s a low-cost model and it won’t come with high-end specifications. It’s likely that the device will look decent look, just like the Surface Pro models.

Microsoft won’t go for Intel Core i5 or i7 processor but instead will pick Pentium processors to keep the price below $400. In terms of graphics and processors, Intel is on tap to supply both.

The report suggests that the low-cost Surface will use Pentium Silver N5000 and Pentium Gold Y-series processors. It would be considerably faster than the Atom-powered Surface 3, and the top-of-the-range model will be equipped with Intel Pentium Gold 4410Y or the Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y.

Configurations may include 64GB of storage and 128GB of storage, coupled up 4GB of RAM and 8GB of RAM respectively.

It’s expected that the new lower-cost model will weigh less and also have a shorter battery life.

The Surface tablet will come with a 10-inch display and it would be lighter than all the other models as it’s aimed at students. The USB Type-C port will be included for charging and data transfer.

LTE versions of the Surface will be sold separately for internet connectivity on the go and apparently, both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi support will be offered.

Microsoft will also bundle dedicated accessories, like keyboards, mouse and Surface Pens.

When

It’s likely that the Surface tablet will be unveiled later this year and it would become available for purchase in select regions before the back-to-school season. The FCC filing is a good indication that the company has tested the device and is ready to launch sometime soon.

Microsoft hasn’t confirmed it is working on smaller surface tablets.

source
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 10:05:53 PM by javajolt »