Author Topic: W7 suddenly "not genuine"  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Morkeleb

W7 suddenly "not genuine"
« on: June 29, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
Hi.

Since today my windows 7 installation tells me "This copy of Windows is not genuine" even though it was ok for ages. I have been using Windows 7 loader from orbit30 and hazar.

I think I have seen others recently having such problems, and it appears also purchased copies of W7 are affected.

Is it even possible to revert the windows 7 installation back to genuine by using some newer loader or slic bios without having to reinstall it again?

I would try to install a modified bios with slic 2.1 information in it, but am not sure if this can help the current W7 installation.

Anyone else suddenly having the not genuine problem?

Please Help

Offline Jake

Re: W7 suddenly "not genuine"
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 04:38:35 PM »
Check to see if KB971033 was installed on your system recently, that would trigger the "not genuine" marks.

As far as I know there is no hack to remove the "not genuine" labels so you'll have to do a clean install (might be time for a genuine copy  ;)).
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Offline Snuffy

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 06:42:02 PM »
Hi.

Since today my windows 7 installation tells me "This copy of Windows is not genuine" even though it was ok for ages. I have been using Windows 7 loader from orbit30 and hazar.

I think I have seen others recently having such problems, and it appears also purchased copies of W7 are affected.

Is it even possible to revert the windows 7 installation back to genuine by using some newer loader or slic bios without having to reinstall it again?

I would try to install a modified bios with slic 2.1 information in it, but am not sure if this can help the current W7 installation.

Anyone else suddenly having the not genuine problem?

Please Help
7 loader by ORbit30 and Hazar has been replaced ages ago.... every thing by Hazar has been busted by M$. recommend remove any and all that have HAZAR in the name, Chew-WGA 0.9 is defunct also, DAZ almost all of his programs also have major problems....his thread on assistance is well over 1000 . I have used Orbit30 8.0 and ODIN 1.3 with perfect pass on M$. Orbit30 also in currently redoing ULoader 8.0 but the last version is still 100% working and passes every test via M$. Highly recommend reading the script and modify the setupcomplete to run the script for your system.
The only STUPID Question is the one you never asked.

Offline Morkeleb

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 07:46:09 PM »
I have now installed RemoveWAT and it works.

Next time when it comes to installation i will either try patching the bios or ULoader 8.0 as you mentioned.
Or actually buying a real copy. Was that way with XP: first used a hacked version and then bought it :)

Solved, this Topic is closed
Admin
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:04:11 PM by riso »

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 08:07:55 PM »

Glad to hear it is working.  However DO NOT  install update KB971033 which will detect WAT and render your installation non genuine agian.