Author Topic: New Microsoft Search Engine Next Week  (Read 1452 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
New Microsoft Search Engine Next Week
« on: May 20, 2009, 02:10:30 AM »

Microsoft is set to take Google head on with the release next week of a brand new search engine. Code named Kumo Microsoft is believed to have invested million into development of the new engine which has been tested globally by hundreds of Microsoft employees during the past month.

According to the Wall Street Journal Microsoft plans to demonstrate its new search engine publicly for the first time at D: All Things Digital, a technology conference  put on by the News Corp owned Wall Street Journal.

The company is planning a major advertising campaign to promote the new search engine around the world. It will also be seeded into Windows Explorer updates as well as into Microsoft's new Windows 7 operating system.

Earlier this year Google seedced their new Chrome Browser into the the front page of their global search engine in an effort to increase useage. The new Microsoft offereing will replace Microsoft's current Live Search engine.

A Microsoft spokesperson has declined to comment

Stay tuned!

Offline jaw69

Re: New Microsoft Search Engine Next Week
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 09:16:40 AM »
I went to Tech Net,which I believe I'm still a member on, for Windows 7 RC.
  I created a Question/title which was related to the NEW build. That ENTIRE post was summarily, and extremely "edited" and then "pulled"---The statement/question part.
  Which I was careful only to mention that: 1.) were they aware of a NEW build(7127), and was it in the process of becoming a "down-load". 2.) And, was it a FIX for the 7100 build which was already out. NO names or web sites were mentioned--I'm not stupid.
  BUT, when this occurred and I was in "QUICK" fashion--- sent an (it looked like)auto-type response from the TOP Moderator from that web site. IT really threw me..
  At first I thought OH... S___! I'm in trouble;but, I couldn't figure what I had done wrong? I basically, wanted to know IF the NEW build would actually recognize my OS which is Windows XP Home Edition 32-bit. Which, the current build(7100) was NOT!!! When IT(7100) kept asking for a VISTA file that it stated was missing or corrupt!
   I stated the constant problems I was getting with their 7100 RC build. And, the fact that I was never really getting anything of any real use, as to how to "boot" into the drive, where I had successfully already installed Windows 7 RC.
IT didn't matter which I installed 32-bit or 64-bit, because my system can support not just 32-bit;but, also 64-bit. THAT last statement Tech Net concurred as being completely "true"--SO, I believed them.... Now, I wonder why.
  I have not received "any" replies to ANY of my prior(open) posts on that web site. It's like I've been "BLACK-BALLED"??!!
  This  is one really strange situation..  I've always told Microsoft;whether, it being their Techs or their product support, exactly(With facts and true statements) what I felt about them. Absolutely NO derogatory statements at all--period. Only the "facts".
   NOT holding anything back!! It's still a "FREE" country--I think..  FREE THINKING, and FREE QUESTIONING... But, I'm not too sure any more...
   These guys just DON'T like the real and HONEST truth--when it hits them RIGHT BETWEEN the eyes...
  This latest occurrence is still in limbo...
So--if any one here has any input about this situation, I'd really like a reply.  This has really been bugging me...
                                            Sincerely,
                                                                   Ole' Joe

Offline riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
Re: New Microsoft Search Engine Next Week
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 09:37:47 AM »
Hi,

Strange situation... never occured to me tough I'm Technet member..

Maybe some members will give some input

Btw this is off Topic

riso
Admin.