Author Topic: Windows 7/Server 2008 Service Pack 1 is gold (RTM)  (Read 1173 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Windows 7/Server 2008 Service Pack 1 is gold (RTM)
« on: January 20, 2011, 06:56:42 AM »
Microsoft has finished up the first Service Pack for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, which comes with all fixes and updates released to this day and brings two new features for Server 2008 - Dynamic Memory and RemoteFX.

While the RTM (release to manufacturing) build of SP1 is in Microsoft's possession, Windows users can't officially have it just yet, and may have to wait until around February 18 to get it via Windows Update. The first SP1 wave will support 36 languages and will be available in oth 32bit and 64bit flavors.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:17:46 AM by javajolt »

Offline Snuffy

Re: Windows 7/Server 2008 Service Pack 1 is gold (RTM)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 11:37:50 PM »
Yikes and Gags - be warned.... SP1 RTM is much different that the SP1 Beta versions that many might have installed.
there are many many things that have changed and until you install and test... hard to tell all that is.. BE WARNED.

Also let you be warned that IE9.0.8073.6003  is changed much from what you might be using ... BE WARNED.

Honestly there are so many changes it will be very hard to find and fix (to your specs).  currently for those that I am assisting. I allow only
2 questions at a time..... I have also told many that until or unless I reply to your first Questions(s). I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY MORE QUESTIONS.

My suggestion to many will be UNLESS your really UNHAPPY with what you have installed..... DO NOT INSTALL ANY NEWER VERSION OR EDITION.

The only STUPID Question is the one you never asked.