Author Topic: Disable Windows 8 Metro UI And Ribbon UI with MetroController  (Read 1564 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Disable Windows 8 Metro UI And Ribbon UI with MetroController
« on: September 21, 2011, 04:01:05 AM »
I’m sure plenty of you have installed the Windows 8 developer preview. So far it seems that people are more than happy with it, however I’m slightly annoyed with the new Metro UI at times because I’m only using it on my laptop without a touchscreen. I’m sure the experience is completely different on a touchscreen but I am yet to try it out so until then I’ll reserve my comment on it.

I’ve found it difficult at times to do simply things like even shutting down Windows 8 or searching for things. With Windows 7 it’s as simple as going to the start menu and everything is at your fingertips. But now everytime I click on that start menu it flips back to the Metro UI. That sent me looking for a solution, I wanted to be able to turn off the metro UI and that lead me to MetroController. It allows you to disable some or even all of the new Metro features in Windows 8.

This is a handy little piece of software. It allows you to either

• Disable Metro UI, Start Screen, Explorer Ribbon UI and Enable the Old Start Menu

• Or you can just disable the Metro UI, Start Screen and Bring back the old Start Menu but still keep the new Explorer Ribbon UI

So you’ve a bit of control over what you disable which is nice, as I do like the new Explorer Ribbon

You can download MetroController here

Offline DMHolt57

Disable Windows 8 Metro UI And Ribbon UI with MetroController
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 04:27:22 PM »
Just a note....set a 'User Tile' before you disable or you have the generic outline user tile...lol.