Author Topic: 5th Anniversary Windows 8 News and info | Forum | Blog  (Read 4551 times)

Offline riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
5th Anniversary Windows 8 News and info | Forum | Blog
« on: February 19, 2014, 08:58:16 AM »
As windowsnewsinfo forums and blogs approaches its 5th anniversary, it has been and always will be based on the principals of being a place where like minded individuals can meet to have Fun, Share their experiences no matter of age, expertise, or local. Make friends, and Learn what they like and dislike about Windows and how to make it better. This is all done in a 'Spam Free and Clean Environment without Advertisements'.

The following post is lengthy and has been divided into sections with titles depicting past, present, and future.

This Forum: How And Why It Came To Be...

In 2009, during my Admin job at Windows7news.com, the forum and site got spoiled with ads. As some may remember, this happened suddenly without informing me, I tried to live with it but it was to annoying.

At the time, it seemed Windows 7 fans really needed a place to connect, to be able to place a comment or comments and get help with tech problems incase needed. So the windows7newsinfo.com forum was born. I started it to compliment the main site, which at that time was already live. The main site has endeavored to be an ongoing archive of Windows and related info just to give our readers,and forum members a place to find Windows news and info on all present, futured and that's gone before.

A few months later back in april 2009 windows8newsinfo and forum got launched, november 2009 even a special windows 9 dedicated site and forum saw the daylight.

This Forum: 2014 and Present...

I want to thank the many members and visitors who have participated in this forum since it's beginning - it's been fun, educational, inspirational, frustrating, annoying - it's been a good time. Going forward from here, it's time for some changes and some extra branching out.

The main forum, windows8newsinfo/smf, you will see some changes and hopefully improvements. Some areas may not return, some may be different. It is my personal decision to make these changes, for a number of reasons.

The focus of the forum has shifted so it is no longer a compliment to the original main site windows7newsinfo.com which has been alive a little over 5 years now, and soon we'll close the entire site and forum since we already closed the book on windows7newsinfo.com site and forum on November  27, 2012. Although posting has stopped, the site and forum are still visible to dig around in since it is a valuable research tool or to renew old memories.

I realize time constraints many of us are face with, jobs, school, friends, and family, what I would like to see our current site and forum back in the spotlite for the many members who've forgotten us, we are still around after 5 years when many have failed!

If you haven't signed on in a while, why not "Sign On Again For The First Time", your user name and password are still good, and of course we need and want you.

Our forum members, have made windowsnewsinfo what it is today and have been an invaluable resource for what is going on in the tech world and especially what is going on with their systems.

WindowsNewsInfo is what we are about, but we also offer up tech support covering a wide range of issues that possibly might affect your Windows installation.

The Future of the Forum...

We all know Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 are in full bloom, and Windows 9 is on the horizon and we even hear whispers of Windows 10 now and then.  I do hope we as a forum continue to grow and make Windows all it can be on our machines be they Desktops, Laptops, or mobile devices.

Thanks and Conclusions...

The forum has become difficult to maintain as it is today. As the time I had available to monitor the forum got smaller, our ''job'' larger. Some people stepped up to mod the boards, to try to make as many people happy as possible.

Special thanks go to Wayne aka javajolt who has become a great help and friend.

These people have helped me very much, have improved the forum, and have worked hard to try to make our community the best around. It is not possible to please everyone all the time. I think most of us understand that.

Our current staff...

The global moderating team:
Sam

The moderating team:
lazzer

The Administrators:
Javajolt, Dmholt57, riso

WHAT CAN YOU DO...

I would like you to invite and encourage people to visit our forum.

Once again, thanks to everyone for your continued support and participation.
Special thanks go to our staff

riso
Founder