Author Topic: Along with Windows XP, will we be seeing unpatched Windows 8.1 computers too!  (Read 1099 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
This is serious! What if you have been unable to install the newly released Windows 8.1 Update or KB2919355 on your Windows 8.1 computer? Most users may be unaware of the implications!

Starting patch Tuesday in May 2014 and beyond, if this Windows 8.1 Update is not installed on your computer, all future Windows Updates, including the Security patches will be considered as being not applicable to your system and not be offered to your computer.

Many Windows 8.1 users have been reporting on Microsoft Answers that Windows 8.1 Update fails to install on their Windows 8.1 computers. They have tried via Windows Updates and they have tried directly downloading and installing them manually – yet this has not worked out for many. Most users are normal home users and on cannot really expect them to carry out geeky troubleshooting!

So where does this leave all such Windows 8.1 users now? In simple words, starting May 13th, your Windows 8.1 computer will not receive any Windows Updates or security patches.

Such Windows 8.1 users may be left in the lurch! You will effectively be in a similar boat as the Windows XP user. Their operating system will not be receiving patches, due to End of Life – but your Windows 8.1 operating system too, will be denied security updates and patches – leaving it vulnerable.

This could be a pretty precarious situation!

I am sure Microsoft must aware of this situation and working on it. I hope that they will release some sort of a Fix It that will easily help all to resolve this issue. Not everyone is geeky enough to carry out the suggested troubleshooting steps, and a 1-click solution will help such users to successfully install the Windows 8.1 Update on their system – and thus make them eligible to receive future updates.

Microsoft sure needs to do something – fast! The alternative would be unthinkable! Apart from the oh-so-many unpatched Windows XP computers, will we be seeing unpatched Windows 8.1 computers too!?

Let us know if you are one who has yet been unable to install the Windows 8.1 Update on your computer – and how you feel about this.

twc