Author Topic: WPC 2014 Attendees Get Surface Pro 3 Deal  (Read 999 times)

Offline riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
WPC 2014 Attendees Get Surface Pro 3 Deal
« on: July 15, 2014, 05:20:26 PM »
Those attending Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference this week in Washington D.C. will be able to purchase a mid-level Surface Pro 3 at a decent discount. But in a nod to the device's popularity, perhaps, this deal is nothing like the fire sales for older Surface models at previous Microsoft trade shows.

Microsoft's partners—as well as WPC exhibitors, sponsors, and non-Microsoft speakers, as well as press and analysts—can purchase a Surface Pro 3 i5 256 GB with Black Surface Pro Type Cover for $1199. That's $229 off the normal price of this product combination (normally $1428). And as such, that's a great deal. (You will still need to pay taxes on the purchase, of course.)

Well, it's a good deal. As you may recall, Microsoft spent much of its 2013 event calendar heavily discounting the original generation Surface RT, in particular, at various trade shows, including Build, Tech Ed North America, WPC and various international Tech Eds. Attendees were lining up for blocks at some of this events in order to snag a Surface for nothing or next to nothing.

Surface Pro 3 is apparently a different story. The device has reviewed very well for the most part, with many reviewers—myself included—noting that Microsoft really righted most of what was previously wrong with Surface Pro by offering a reasonably-sized screen and more model options. It also made some good features—like the kickstand—even better. Check out my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Review for more info.

This week's WPC deal can be had onsite or online, Microsoft says, and is valid from today (Sunday, July 13) through Friday, July 18. I've not been over to the conference center yet, but US customers can choose between a Microsoft Retail Store Showcase for an onsite purchase or visit something called the L Street Bridge to pick up a coupon code for an online order. International customers can only use the onsite Microsoft Retail Store Showcase option, and will be getting a US spec machine (i.e. not an international SKU).

This offer is limited to just one Surface per customer.

Source: winsupersite.com