Author Topic: Chuwi Vi10 is a 10.6 inch Windows/Android dual-OS tablet  (Read 2506 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Chuwi Vi10 is a 10.6 inch Windows/Android dual-OS tablet
« on: April 21, 2015, 02:08:19 AM »
Dual-boot tablets that can run Windows and Android software seem to be all the rage in China these days. But the Chuwi Vi10 manages to stand out from an increasingly crowded field thanks to a few special features, including two full-sized USB ports, a detachable keyboard dock, and a 10.6 inch display.

The tablet should be available in China soon for 799 Yuan (about $129 dollars), or 899 Yuan ($145) with a leather keyboard case.

The Chuwi vi10 runs Windows 8.1 and Google Android 4.4, although Chuwi says an Android 5.0 update is on the way. It’s powered by an Intel Atom Z3736F Bay Trail processor and features 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage.

There’s a microSD card slot for up to 128GB of removable storage, an HDMI port, micro USB port, and and 8000 mAh battery.

While the dual full-sized USB ports might not be all that important for a tablet that runs Google Android, they could certainly come in handy when you’re using Windows. Want to connect a printer, external hard drive, or other peripherals? You don’t have to unplug one device to connect another (or use a micro USB to USB adapter).

After spending some time with the Cube i6 Air 3G, I have to say I’m not entirely sold on the utility of dual-boot tablets (I promise to get around to writing a more detailed review one of these days). I rarely find myself going through the trouble of rebooting to switch operating systems. But since Microsoft is giving away free Windows licenses to makers of small tablets, I suppose it doesn’t cost anything extra to include two operating systems instead of one: so if you don’t mind giving up some of your precious built-in storage space to an extra OS, I suppose it doesn’t hurt to have the option of dual booting.

source:liliputing

Offline athensdj

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 02:51:42 PM »
Hello,

Nice review. Do you know if I can delete android and merge this partition back to c:/ in windows?

Thanks

Online riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 03:50:40 PM »
Hi athensdj, try this:

How to remove android completely & allocate all memory to windows

Windows disk manager, delete all the raw partitons and then move this unallowcated space to Windows.
On the boot menu, untick the selector (top left)

Delete the Android partition and allocate the size to the Windows 8.1 partition.

Perhaps this one will help also:
http://gizmonews.eu/2015/04/28/pipo-w4s-windows-and-android-partition-resize-instructions/

riso
Admin
Tech Support