Author Topic: What Ever Happened to Windows 9? (and what to expect with Windows 10)  (Read 6515 times)

Online riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
On July 29, the world of Microsoft users, so devastated by the atrocity that was Windows 8, will welcome Windows 10. The new operating system promises a return to our beloved start menu and a restoration of a PC that actually acts like…a PC.

Once over the relief that Microsoft has admitted Windows 8 is an utter failure, the next thing that pops to mind is: “what became of Windows 9?”

There’s no official answer. Microsoft more or less just skipped the number 9 in favor of 10. There’s a few theories: the 9 operating system didn’t work out so the developers moved on, 9 is an unlucky number in Japan, or 10 gives the impression that Microsoft is distancing itself farther from 8.

Whatever number it’s called, it doesn’t really matter. Windows has never had any consistency in naming: there’s been 95, 98, XP, Vista, and others.

What does matter is that Windows 10 won’t have the horrible usability of Windows 8. What Microsoft seemed to forget is that Windows is the preferred PC of gamers and it’s also used for web design, blogging, and many other things that require a keyboard and a mouse. If people want the features of a tablet or smart phone, they can use their tablet or smart phone.

Unfortunately, Windows 10 is still coming with apps. The restored start menu will share a spot with a panel of applications. I have no idea if there will be an easy way to remove them, as I don’t like the idea of my computer forcing a bunch of programs I don’t use.

The system also comes with a new browser, Microsoft Edge, which we’ve concluded isn’t that edgy. There’s also a Windows Store (which I suspect won’t get that much use), a personal assistant named Cortana (after the popular AI Halo character), and Xbox live- the only feature I’m excited about.

Source: tpedesign.net