Author Topic: Intel Taking Overclocking Mainstream On Core i3 Processors  (Read 399 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Intel Taking Overclocking Mainstream On Core i3 Processors
« on: November 15, 2016, 04:36:09 AM »
So, that’s another trick Intel has up its proverbial sleeves! The upcoming Kaby Lake Core i3 processors will bring unlocked overclocking potential back to the budget tier in a big way.

Leaks suggest that the chip giant will offer at least one i3 K-series CPU.

Apparently, the Intel Core i3-7350K is being designed for entry-level overclockers, and those that want to extract a bit more performance out of their systems without breaking the bank — word is that this chip will be priced at below the $180 mark.

As can be seen above, this is a regular dual core variant of the chip, but one with an unlocked multiplier that allows users to have a little fun overclocking their processor.

Which is not something that can be said of recent budget CPUs bearing the Intel logo.

Up until now, the company has excluded overclocking support on Core i3 processors, but due to emerging demand, and the fact that the company is feeling a bit of a heat from AMD, Intel is bringing this option back.

Intel Core i3 processors are a step above the very basic Pentium lineup, with higher clock speeds that translates to better performance. Some even feature hyper-threading support.

Kaby Lake will bring HT support to even a few Pentium chips, and it only makes sense that overclocking also got a look for users that want to easily eke out a little extra performance from their budget purchases.

source:windows10update
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 04:41:24 AM by javajolt »