Author Topic: Windows 10 Build 15046 for PC: Hands on (Video)  (Read 2334 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Windows 10 Build 15046 for PC: Hands on (Video)
« on: March 03, 2017, 07:26:50 PM »
This build is the latest Fast Ring build for Windows Insiders as part of the Creators Update, which is expected to come out sometime spring of this year. I will note that these builds are buggy, and I wouldn’t recommend installing them onto your main device.

Getting the Update

Installing this update, you’ll find that the progress indicator in the settings should be working just fine for all Windows Insiders, as this issue was recently fixed. Additional bugs all over the place have been fixed, including many of the quirks with Edge, which is now more stable. Windows Hello facial recognition should now be working fine on Surface Devices running build 15046.

If you haven’t already noticed, the color of Cortana’s search box has been reverted to the color it has been, as a result of feedback from Windows Insiders. In addition to this, the background of Cortana when opened is now black. I appreciate this, however, I will admit the lighter color was starting to grow on me a little. Also, the build version tag on the desktop has been hidden by default. If this is something that upsets you, it can always be turned back on.

Settings

Settings it seems gets some sort of UI change with each and every build. Interestingly, the Xbox branding continues to be the icon for the gaming section in the settings app, which you’ll notice has been modified to a more fitting, wireframe-like icon. As of right now this icon is the only icon in the settings app when pinned to start will show a different glyph than what appears in the settings page. I’m certain though that this is a visual inconsistency that will be changed in a later build.

In the Apps section under apps and features, there are new settings that allow you to configure what kinds of apps can be installed on your PC. There are three options, The default, which is how Windows is like now, that will allow you to install apps from anywhere, “Warn me before installing apps from outside the Store”, and “Allow apps from the Store only”. The second options do just as they describe, and when enabled will display a message when trying to install an app from outside of the safety of the Windows Store. I imagine we’ll be hearing more about this in the future.

Watch your step!

Now, as with all these new features, there are also quite a few issues, so be aware of that. Like I’ve said before, I highly discourage you install these builds on your main device, not in that they will cause it to explode, but because you might run into an undocumented issue that prevents you from getting some important task done.

source:onmsft
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 12:50:53 PM by riso »