Author Topic: Here’s how to install the Windows 10 Creators Update  (Read 420 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Here’s how to install the Windows 10 Creators Update
« on: March 31, 2017, 06:24:58 PM »

Welcome to the Windows 10 Creators Update Install Guide where you will learn how to install the Windows 10 Creators Update.

As you should all know by now, Microsoft is about to release the Windows 10 Creators Update and the ISO’s have already hit the streets a little early.

I got a lot of questions asking “How do I install the Windows 10 Creators Update?” about the install process and asking what the steps are and how it looks different from previous builds of Windows 10 so I decided to do a little walkthrough for you guys.

In the future we’ll be doing Windows 10 tutorials about some of the features of this new build but I thought it would be cool to show you what the install process is like.

I actually set this up on a Macbook Pro 15 inch Retina and used VMware Professional Version 8.5.6 (5234762) to do the install.

Without further ado.. here’s the Windows 10 Creators Update Install Guide. Click on the images to see enlarged versions if you need to.

Step 1Download the Windows 10 Creators Update ISO from here and place it on your hard drive in a handy location.

Step 2Open up VMware.

Step 3 – go to File -> New

Step 4 – Install from disc or image

Step 5 – select the iso file

Step 6 – choose the version of Windows 10 you are installing – either 32 bit or 64 bit

Step 7 – click on Finish.

Step 8name the new install and hit save then you’re ready to begin…

Step 9 – The install begins

Step 10 – The good old Windows 10 Setup screen…click next

Step 11 – Click on Install

Step 12 – Setup begins

Step 13 – The Activate Windows screen comes up and if you have a valid Windows key, this is the screen to install it on. If not, click on “I dont have a product key”.

Step 14Select the Operating System you want to install.

Step 15Accept the license terms.

Step 16 – Select a virtual location to install this on.

Step 17 – Here you can choose what type of install – upgrade or custom.

Step 18 – Install Windows…

Step 19Restart

Step 20Cortana pops up to help you install further.

Step 21 – Next you get to pick a region.

Step 22– Then you pick a keyboard layout.

Step 23 – Then you get to pick a second keyboard layout.

Step 24 – Now you can choose whether you are setting Windows 10 up for personal use or for an organization.

Step 25 – You have to either sign in with your Microsoft account or setup a new one.

Step 26 – You have the option to set up a pin or do it later. I set one up so you could see the process.

Step 27– You also have the opportunity to accept or decline to use Cortanafully in Windows 10 here.

Step 28– Next you can choose privacy settings for your device. This is where it gets interesting. You can control privacy settings for Location, Speech, Diagnostics, Tailored Experiences and Relevant ads.

We’ll tell you a little more about these settings in coming days. To get more information about Privacy in Windows 10, you can get our eBook – Preserving your privacy in Windows 10 (opens in new browser window).

Step 29 – If you deselect these options you see what the consequences are. Interesting new tactic and probably very effective to get people to think carefully about their decisions.

Step 30 – That’s the last setup step…

Step 31 – As usual, when Windows 10 is installed, the screen resolution is less than optimal. Time to fix that.

Step 32 – Go to Display settings.

Step 33 – Change the Resolution.

Step 34 – Keep the display settings that work for your screen.

Step 35 – Welcome to the Windows 10 Creators Update – Start Menu.

Those are the steps that you need to follow to install the Windows 10 Creators Update.

source:windows10update
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:21:46 PM by javajolt »