Author Topic: Twitter Wants To Broadcast Live Videos All Day Long  (Read 200 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Twitter Wants To Broadcast Live Videos All Day Long
« on: April 26, 2017, 11:41:33 PM »
While pre-recorded videos are perfectly fine, the ability to watch a live video streamed by people you follow is a different experience entirely. This is why many social media platforms have started to offer up the feature, such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter. However, in Twitter’s case, they want to be able to stream live videos all day long.

In an interview with BuzzFeed News, Twitter’s COO and CFO Anthony Noto revealed the company’s plans for live videos. According to Noto, he was quoted as saying, “We will definitely have 24/7 (video) content on Twitter. Our goal is to be a dependable place so that when you want to see what’s happening, you think of going to Twitter.”

Noto also claims that by having live videos, it will help boost conversations on the platform and also gives them a new source of revenue in the form of 15-30 seconds of unskippable ads. Noto said, “We think that is a great way to have the programming carried along with you during your day. Focus in on it when you hear something that’s of interest, but then maybe not be 100% focused on it when it’s not of interest. I did that myself during the debates.”

Basically, the idea is that you just leave it running in the background which some people do when they’re watching TV. Whether or not this is a good idea or will end up overwhelming Twitter users remains to be seen, but if you are a fan of live programming then Twitter could be your new favorite platform.

source:ubergizmodo