Author Topic: Windows 10 build 16188 bugs: Install fails, Outlook freezes, and more  (Read 628 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Windows 10 build 16188 is the latest Redstone 3 build released by Dona Sarkar’s team. This new OS version brings a series of improvements to Microsoft’s Edge PDF Reader, adds Windows Defender Application Guard for Edge and squashes some annoying bugs.

At the same time, Windows 10 build 16188 also brings issues of its own. In this article, we’re going to list the most common issues affecting build 16188 so that you know what to expect in terms of bugs.

Build 16188 reported issues

Install issues

Many Insiders report that build 16188 fails to install due to error 0x8024a11a. More specifically, this error occurs on restart. If you’ve experienced this issue, use the shutdown menu to turn off your computer and then restart it. Users confirm that this simple action should fix the problem.

Outlook won’t open or freezes

Just like the previous build release, Windows 10 build 16188 breaks Outlook 2016. After install, Outlook doesn’t open, freezes or randomly closes:

What happens with my Outlook (Office version 1705) is that it will open to the emails but when anything is clicked on the program freezes. Windows then tries to restart the program but it doesn’t restart. When it tries to restart I get a notice saying: C:\Users\(my user name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\(my email address).ost cannot be opened. On closing that box, I get this: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. This problem started with Insider build 16184′

System settings won’t open

Insiders report that build 16188 breaks the system settings page, with the page closing a few seconds after it’s launched it.

Build 16188 – can’t open system settings. System Settings window opening and after a second it’s closed be self. I can’t open any window related to system settings – even taskbar settings, Windows Update, Screen Settings…

Feedback App issues

It appears Microsoft forgot to update the announcements on the Feedback Hub.

There seems to be a problem with the feedback hub. I just received build 16188, but the last announcements are about 15179. No issues with the last three builds on my end, other than feedback hub has gone silent. Would like to keep up with changes and fixes but am kind of in the dark. Anyone else having this issue?

The Photos App won’t show any pictures

Insiders also report that the Photos App sometimes won’t show any pictures or prevents them from selecting the available pictures.

I’m having issues with this version/build, though, such as the Photos live tile on Start not showing any pictures, and after scrolling though and clicking on several pictures, it messes up and some photos become unselectable here and there.  Off to Feedback Hub I go.

source:windowsreport