Author Topic: Creators Update caused some problems  (Read 291 times)

Offline fdhealy4

Creators Update caused some problems
« on: May 31, 2017, 11:19:08 PM »
Hello all,

When I upgraded to the Creators Update I encountered a small problem that turned into a larger problem. The small problem was that Libre Office would not open. I tried several ways to open it but nothing worked. I reverted to the previous edition and uninstalled LO and re-installed it. I upgraded again but could not open it again. I reverted to the previous edition again. I then tried to uninstall it and do a re-install. Now it wouldn't uninstall at all. I tried the Windows Uninstaller, Revo Uninstaller, an Elevated command line to uninstall, and I also tried to uninstall it through the registry. Each time I got a box with the title "Windows Installer". The contents of the box says "This install package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Package". The path to the installer file was correct and the file was there. I also verified the files integrity. I then reverted to the previous edition of Windows 10 that I just came from. Now it won't uninstall there either and I get the same warning box and message. I've talked with LibreOffice through Bugzilla and they can't seem to solve the problem. I really don't want to do a clean install and then do the upgrade thing till I install the Creator Upgrade and find I still have the same problem. Actually I don't want to do a clean install at all.

Any ideas?

Dale
Dale