Author Topic: IFA 2017: Lenovo joins the Windows Mixed Reality party with Lenovo Explorer  (Read 594 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com

At IFA 2017 today, Lenovo launched several new products. Just as with other announcements from IFA this week, the most noteworthy of the new Lenovo products is the company’s new Windows Mixed Reality headset. The new headset joins the likeness of the Dell Visor and HP’s Windows Mixed Reality headset in helping bring affordable Windows Mixed Reality hardware to the masses.

You can expect to see the Lenovo Explorer Windows Mixed Reality Headset in the market in October of 2017. The headset is priced at $349.99, or $449.99 with a Touch Controller, and will replace your computer screen by letting you access your favorite programs in a virtual environment. When used with a Lenovo PC, you can also access an additional 100 VR upscaled games through the Lenovo entertainment hub, or explore 360-degree content in mixed reality.

Here are the specs for the Lenovo Explorer:

♦ Weight and Dimensions: 185mm x 94.8mm x 102mm / 380g

♦ Display: 2x 1440×1440

♦ Camera: 2x 6DOF Tracking Camera

♦ I/O: HMDI 2.0 | USB 2.0

♦ Controller: Motion Controller, 6DOF Controller, Keyboard and Mouse

♦ Min PC Specs: Intel Core i5 Processor, Intel HD Graphics, running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

Best of all, with the Lenovo Explorer, all your existing apps will work with the headset, meaning you can reply to emails on a virtual beach, play video games in a garden, or work on presentations in the middle of Times Square. There is no need for external sensors or cameras, and the Lenovo Explorer is light weight and easy to set up. It will also work with any new 7th Gen Intel Core i5 PC without the need for an expensive graphics card. Here are the minimum PC specs for the new device:

Windows Mixed Reality Performance Mode (90 Hz:)

♦ Intel Core i5 or Intel Core i3 CPU

♦ Discrete NVIDIA GTZ 965M or AMD RX 460M Graphics

♦ HDMI 2.0 or Displayport 1.2 Connectivity

♦ 8GB of recommended RAM

♦ 10GB of free space on HDD

♦ USB 3.0 Type A, or USB 3.1 Type C with Displayport for USB

♦ Bluetooth 4.0 for accessories

♦ Windows Mixed Reality Mainstream Mode (60 Hz:)

♦ Intel Core i5 or Intel Core i3 CPU

♦ Integrated Intel HD 630 Graphics

♦ HDMI 1.4 or Displayport 1.2 for connectivity

♦ 8GB of recommended RAM

♦ 10GB of free space on HDD

♦ USB 3.0 Type A, or USB 3.1 Type C with Displayport for USB

♦ Bluetooth 4.0 for accessories

This Lenovo Headset is part of a wider push by Microsoft to “democratize virtual reality” this holiday season. Microsoft has hinted that there will be more Windows Mixed Reality updates to come, including 343 Industries bringing exclusive Halo content to the Windows Mixed Reality platform and Steam VR running on Windows Mixed Reality.

source