Author Topic: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update rollout starts on October 17  (Read 657 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update rollout starts on October 17
« on: September 01, 2017, 07:00:44 PM »
Windows 10’s next big update, the Fall Creators Update, is launching in mid-October. Microsoft’s Terry Myerson today announced at IFA that the company will start rolling out the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to all Windows 10 users as a free update on October 17. The release will be a phased rollout, which means you probably won’t get it on the first day of release. Similar to some of the previous Windows 10 updates, the rollout of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will possibly take months.

While the update was supposed to be a big one, some of the headline features of the update won’t make the cut. Microsoft has already confirmed it’s not going to release Windows Timeline and Cloud Clipboard with the Fall Creators Update, and it also won’t be releasing a major part of the new Story Remix experience. The company is still shipping Story Remix, built-in eye tracking, a touch of its new Fluent Design system, and a lot of other minor improvements with the latest update — so at least there’s that.

“With the Fall Creators Update we are introducing some fun, new ways to get creative. As part of the update we will deliver an evolution to the photos experience that will let you tell your story like never before using photos, videos, and 3D effects; enhancements in gaming, security, accessibility, and immersive new experiences made possible by Windows Mixed Reality. All of this innovation will be brought to life by a range of beautifully designed, and feature rich modern devices available from our hardware partners this holiday,” said Terry Myerson, the CVP of Microsoft’s Windows and Devices group.

With the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update set to release on October 17, I personally think a new Surface Book launch is imminent. I have previously speculated that Microsoft could launch the new Surface Book 2017 on October 26 based on its previous event schedules, so the timing here looks impeccable.

source
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:02:56 PM by javajolt »