Windows 10 News and info | Forum
November 19, 2017, Loading... *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is a clean Ad-free Forum and protected by StopForumSpam, Project Honeypot and Botscout | This forum does not use audio ads, popups, or other annoyances.

Website   Home   Windows 8 Website Windows 8 Forum Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz
Author Topic: Xiaomi launches Mi Notebook Pro with Coffee Lake CPU, NVIDIA graphics, slim bez  (Read 58 times)
javajolt
Administrator

United States United States

I Do Windows

WWW Email
« on: September 11, 2017, 03:27:56 PM »
ReplyReply

Xiaomi is a relative newcomer to the laptop space, having launched its first notebook computers just over a year ago. Now Xiaom is laptop lineup is going “pro” with a new model sporting a quad-core Intel Coffee Lake processor, a full metal chassis, NVIDIA graphics, up to 16GB of RAM, and a fingerprint sensor.

The Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro also pretty compact for a notebook with a 15.6-inch display, measuring 14.2″ x 9.6″ x 0.6″ and weighing about 4.3 pounds.

Xiaomi’s new laptop should be available soon for about $860 and up. While it’ll officially be available in China at launch, I suspect it won’t take long for international resellers to ship the notebook to the US, Europe, and other regions for a small markup.

The notebook features a 1920 x 1080 pixel glossy display with slim bezels, which helps explain the laptop’s relatively small size. It has an island-style backlit keyboard with 1.5mm key travel, and a hands-on report from The Verge indicates that the touchpad is surprisingly good.

Other features include two USB Type-C ports, two USB 3.0 Type-A ports, an HDMI port, SD card reader, and 3.5mm headset jack. The Mi Notebook Pro has a 60Wh battery and support for fast charging: a 35-minute charge should get you to about 50 percent battery life.

Xiaomi will offer at least three configurations:

• Core i5-8250U with 8GB of RAM for $860

• Core i7-8550U with 8GB of RAM $980

• Core i7-8550U with 16GB of RAM for $1070

Each model has 256GB of solid state storage and NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics.

source

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: