Author Topic: Intel Coffee Lake 6-core laptop CPU leaked  (Read 197 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Intel Coffee Lake 6-core laptop CPU leaked
« on: December 20, 2017, 03:01:07 AM »
Intel started shipping 8th-gen Core processors for laptops this year, but so far we’ve only seen a handful of 15-watt quad-core chips designed for thin and light computers. Now it looks like higher-power, higher-performance chips are on the way.

Images posted on Chinese service Tieba allegedly shows a computer with an Intel Core i7-8720HK processor, which could be one of several new laptop chips that use the same Coffee Lake architecture as Intel’s 8th-gen desktop chips.

According to the pictures, what we’re looking at is a 45 watt, 6-core chip with a base clock speed of 2.4 GHz.

Meanwhile, CPU Monkey has a listing for the Core i7-8700HQ chip, which seems to have similar specs. It looks like a significant upgrade over the Core i7-7700HQ, with more CPU cores, more cache, and a slightly higher graphics clock speed, among other things. The new chips are also said to support DDR4-2666 memory, up from the DDR4-2400 RAM supported by their equivalent 7th-gen chips.

There do seem to be a few areas where the new chip might be a step-down. It has a lower base and burst CPU frequencies. The architecture update and addition of two more CPU cores should make up for that in multithreaded applications. But tasks that only use a single CPU core may suffer a bit.

Of course, we should probably take all of these specs with a grain of salt until Intel officially announces the new chips.

source