Author Topic: The Surface Pro with LTE is now available to order from the Microsoft Store  (Read 153 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
At Microsoft's Ignite 2017 conference this year, Neowin exclusively learned that the Surface Pro with LTE was going to launch on December 1. But when the company formally announced it, it turned out that that date was just for businesses, and consumers won't be able to order one until 2018. Businesses needed to order it from a partner retail website, as it wasn't available on the general Microsoft Store site.

That is, until now. The online Store has had the Commercial Surface Pro with LTE listed for about a week now, even showing the device as in stock in certain physical locations. Now, it's in stock online, so businesses can order one and have it shipped. In fact, it would appear that there are no limitations on the ordering process, so anyone can grab one.

The Surface Pro is to be one of the first that will be marked as an 'Always-Connected PC', with Qualcomm-powered devices following this spring. Like the ones that use a Snapdragon 835, the Surface Pro does come with a Snapdragon X16 LTE modem, meaning that it's capable of gigabit cellular speeds, although Microsoft has it capped at 450Mbps.

Both of the Surface Pro with LTE models use a Core i5, being that the modem is placed where the fan is located on the Core i7 variant, and the one that's in stock now has 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD. It can be yours for $1,449, and you can check it out on the Microsoft Store here.

source