Author Topic: Leak Reveals that Andromeda Foldable Device From Microsoft Will Make Phone Calls  (Read 544 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Andromeda is a name that we’ve heard in connection with both Microsoft and Google. One is a software platform, the other a new format of device, but today’s leak has to do with Microsoft’s Andromeda. This project has been leaked again, this time with hints that it may serve as a phone.

The device is expected to be a foldable one, that’s both a dual display smartphone and tablet. The fresh leak comes courtesy of a trusted Microsoft Insider, Walking Cat, who came across the Windows Composable Shell (CShell), when digging into the code from the latest version of Windows 10 Redstone 4. There’s also proof that Andromeda supports a call dialer.

Walking Cat tweeted as well about the fact that Andromeda doesn’t fit in any existing device category, being a foldable machine or as the source calls it “HingedDualScreenDevice”. My guess is that the device will be unveiled at BUILD 2018, or maybe in the fall, in the same time frame with the previous Surface Book/ Lumia unveilings from a few years ago.

I’m finding it a bit hard to imagine what Windows will look like on this device format, with two displays in lieu of one. We could get a hybrid OS between Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10, with a touch of Fluent Design. Also, this may well end up as the Surface Phone, although many have lost hope about that.

source
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 08:21:42 PM by javajolt »