Author Topic: Surface Pro 5th anniversary: Panos Panay shares his thoughts about its journey  (Read 226 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Yesterday, February 9th was the 5th anniversary of the Surface Pro devices. Surface Pro devices have come a long way since then, from being a powerful 2-in-1 tablet to a true laptop replacement.

Panos Panay, Corporate VP of Devices at Microsoft and Steven Bathiche, the creative power behind many of the core Surface technologies shared their thoughts on Surface Pro device last night. Watch the video above.

Here’s what Panos Panay posted regarding the Surface Pro’s 5th anniversary,

In the five years since we launched Surface Pro a lot has changed, but at the same time much has stayed the same. It’s incredible to me that most of the people that worked on the original Surface Pro are still a part of the Devices team.
It’s one of the things I’m most proud of – yes, we built a device, and it’s a great device – but together we also built a team and culture that’s invaluable. This photo was taken during a celebration of the Surface Pro 5 year anniversary with some of those original team members, and while we were reminiscing, people sharing their favorite memories and what they’re most proud of, I kept hearing the same thing – we had a vision, a vision that seemed crazy to many at the time, but we never gave up on it, we pushed forward together, and we put our heart and soul into a product that changed our lives. Happy Anniversary Surface Pro.

“It’s been an amazing, wonderful adventure…with the team, with my friends…this moment that we have here, it’s all special,” said Steven Bathiche.

source