Windows 10 News and info | Forum
August 18, 2018, Loading... *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is a clean Ad-free Forum and protected by StopForumSpam, Project Honeypot, Botscout and AbuseIPDB | This forum does not use audio ads, popups, or other annoyances.

Website   Home   Windows 8 Website GDPR Help Login Register  
By continuing to use the site or Forum, you agree to the use of cookies, find out more by reading our GDPR policy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz
Author Topic: Weird glitch gives Google access to all the text messages on your Android Device  (Read 43 times)
javajolt
Administrator

United States United States

I Do Windows

WWW Email
« on: May 30, 2018, 12:55:34 AM »
ReplyReply

Google has been blamed in the past for accessing the private user data and it looks like the company might be doing it again. According to a post on Reddit, if you type ďthe1975..comĒ into the search bar Google will pop-up your messages. The original thread talks about this issue on Pixel devices but it happens on my OnePlus as well.

For some unexplained reason when I type in ďthe1975..comĒ (specifically with two periods) into my search bar on the default pixel launcher it displays my recent text messages through Google. Itís like just about the weirdest glitch I have come by. Is this combination just a super random coincidence or is there something else going on? Are other people getting this glitch? Iím really confused, let me know.

Ė Reddit

Google hasnít commented anything on this issue and upon testing, I found out that any Android device with Google Assistant has this issue. It isnít certain if this is a deliberate action by Google or just a weird glitch that letís Google access the messages stored on the device. For now, if youíre paranoid type, you can head to Settings>Apps and revoke SMS permissions of Google App which will prevent it from accessing messages.

source

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: