Author Topic: Microsoft News’s landing page is more popular than you think  (Read 106 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Microsoft News’s landing page is more popular than you think
« on: November 12, 2018, 12:23:17 AM »
My main experience with Microsoft’s Microsoft News Service is that news page which slows down the loading of Edge when I have not got around to disabling it yet, but it turns out the service is much more popular than I expected.

MSN is a web portal and related collection of Internet services and apps for Windows and mobile devices, provided by Microsoft and launched on August 24, 1995, the same release date as Windows 95.

Starting as a dial-up service, the current website and suite of apps offered by MSN were first introduced by Microsoft in 2014 as part of a complete redesign and relaunch.

MSN is based in the United States and offers international versions of its portal for dozens of countries around the world. According to the Windows Blog, each day, Microsoft News editors work with more than 1,000 premium publishing partners (such as “The New York Times,” “Fox News,” “USA Today” and “Sports Illustrated”) to curate the news and deliver articles on a variety of topics so that readers get the latest news.

According to the blog post, the mission is quite successful, with nearly half a billion people coming to MSN and Microsoft Edge every month to find out what’s going on around the globe.

Microsoft delivers the news feed in Internet Explorer, the MSN UWP app,  Edge for Android and iOS, and has also built it into the Microsoft Launcher and Cortana.

To me, the main difference between Google’s news feed and MSN is that the earlier appears to be customized to my interests while the latter appears to deliver merely what is popular. It seems for Microsoft this remains a winning formula.

source