Author Topic: E3 2019: Phil Spencer teases a huge E3 for Xbox  (Read 535 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
E3 2019: Phil Spencer teases a huge E3 for Xbox
« on: January 26, 2019, 11:43:14 PM »
Xbox has seen two great E3s in a row, but Executive Vice President of Gaming Phil Spencer is teasing a more impressive showing for its 2019 incarnation.

Speaking with Larry ‘Major Nelson’ Hyrb on his official podcast, Spencer claimed that Xbox will be “as big at E3 as we’ve ever been.”

“We’re still going through some of the discussions on how much long-term and how much near-term [games] do we talk about,” Spencer told Hyrb. “I’m a proponent for being as transparent as can be… I feel really good about our plans. The content that we’ll have will be great and we’ll talk about our future. We’ll talk more about what the Xbox brand means to us.”

Currently, we don’t know exactly what Microsoft’s bevy of studios are currently working on, although there are many rumors. Allegedly, Microsoft’s current-gen stars Playground Games are working on a reboot/sequel to the fantastic Fable series. Alongside Gears of War 5 and, presumably, a new Forza, there are already some great titles to look forward to.

Gears 5 Announcement Trailer - E3 2018

Microsoft’s E3 isn’t just going to be focused around new AAA releases. In the podcast, Spencer also teased more information on Microsoft’s upcoming streaming service – Project xCloud.

“One thing I was doing on holiday was that I was playing games on xCloud,” Spencer continued. “We want to make sure we get it as right as we can. We want to test it… to anyone else on the service, I’m just playing… It’ll be years before this is the primary way people are playing… but let’s think about our future… We should also have these five-to-ten-year views on where things can go.”

Project xCloud - Official Trailer

Project xCloud may still be a while away, but with so many competitors also on the game-streaming bandwagon, Microsoft should have theirs ready relatively soon. Combined with Xbox Game Pass, xCloud has the potential to be a great service for playing video games.

source
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:53:10 PM by javajolt »