Windows 10 News and info | Forum
May 22, 2019, Loading... *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is a clean Ad-free Forum and protected by StopForumSpam, Project Honeypot, Botscout and AbuseIPDB | This forum does not use audio ads, popups, or other annoyances. New member registration currently disabled.

Website   Home   Windows 8 Website GDPR Help Login Register  
By continuing to use the site or forum, you agree to the use of cookies, find out more by reading our GDPR policy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz
Author Topic: Popular Linux distribution Arch Linux has made its way to the Microsoft Store  (Read 12 times)
javajolt
Administrator

United States United States

I Do Windows

WWW Email
« on: May 11, 2019, 02:38:58 AM »
ReplyReply

From ‘Linux is cancer’ to ‘I may have called Linux a cancer but now I love it,’ the new Microsoft is putting a lot of effort to pursue open source. The company recently announced Windows Terminal, a productive and modern terminal application for users of command-line tools and shells like Command Prompt, PowerShell, and WSL at their annual Build Developer Conference.

This is not one-sided love. Linux distributions are loving the new Microsoft and are willingly bringing command line utilities to the Microsoft Store. The latest to join the bandwagon is Arch Linux, a popular Linux distribution that offers no bloatware. The Arch Linux is finally available in Windows 10 and you can now download the app from the Store.

For those not aware, running any distribution requires you to enable Windows Subsystem for Linux(WSL) setting in Windows. Here is how you can enable Windows Subsystem for Linux. Once you enable WSL, you are ready to install the Linux distribution of your choice.

You can download Arch Linux on your Windows 10 PC here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: