Author Topic: Popular Linux distribution Arch Linux has made its way to the Microsoft Store  (Read 499 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
From ‘Linux is cancer’ to ‘I may have called Linux a cancer but now I love it,’ the new Microsoft is putting a lot of effort to pursue open source. The company recently announced Windows Terminal, a productive and modern terminal application for users of command-line tools and shells like Command Prompt, PowerShell, and WSL at their annual Build Developer Conference.

This is not one-sided love. Linux distributions are loving the new Microsoft and are willingly bringing command line utilities to the Microsoft Store. The latest to join the bandwagon is Arch Linux, a popular Linux distribution that offers no bloatware. The Arch Linux is finally available in Windows 10 and you can now download the app from the Store.

For those not aware, running any distribution requires you to enable Windows Subsystem for Linux(WSL) setting in Windows. Here is how you can enable Windows Subsystem for Linux. Once you enable WSL, you are ready to install the Linux distribution of your choice.

You can download Arch Linux on your Windows 10 PC here.