Author Topic: Huawei Mate X2 Patent Reveals Quite a Few Details:  (Read 311 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Huawei Mate X2 Patent Reveals Quite a Few Details:
« on: June 20, 2019, 05:48:16 PM »

Huawei Mate X has been postponed till September, we knew as much, but now there’s talk about the Galaxy Fold coming sooner. As things get heated in the battle of foldables, we feel the need to talk about the future of the Huawei Mate X series. That’s also because a Huawei Mate X2 has popped up via a patent, courtesy of Letsgodigital.

The source didn’t even have to go through the trouble of rendering the device since the patent itself included some 3D renders. Unlike the Huawei Mate X, which folds outwards, the newcomer folds inwards and also has a secondary screen on the outside. The whole purpose of an inward folding device is to protect its screens from scratches.

This is not a new patent as it was filed back in July 2018, wit the WIPO Global Design Database. The patent was published on June 18, 2019 and at first sight the renders make it look like the Mate X. This inward folding machine seems to have a quad camera, placed at the side inside a module, that’s separate from the screen. There’s also no notch here, unlike the Galaxy Fold.

The housing seems to be made of metal and it’s quite slim. From what I noticed the button structure is also rather different compared to the existing Huawei Mate foldable phone. There’s a button on the right side, with the SIM slot above it. We also know that a charging connector is missing here, so one could speculate that we only get wireless charging here. I expect this device to maybe be unveiled at MWC 2020, but we can’t tell for sure if it has HongMeng OS or Android.

The full patent is here.

source