Author Topic: Windows 10 to Let You Rename Virtual Desktops, Here's How  (Read 184 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Windows 10 to Let You Rename Virtual Desktops, Here's How
« on: September 08, 2019, 02:11:12 AM »
If you use the Windows 10 virtual desktop feature to keep your open applications organized in their own desktops by a particular subject matter or purpose, you will be happy to learn that Microsoft is finally letting you give each virtual desktop a custom name.

Windows 10 virtual desktops allow you to create different desktops that can be used to organize open applications and data. The problem is that each desktop will be given a similar generic name such as Desktop1, Desktop2, etc. This can make it confusing and hard to find the particular desktop you are looking for.

With the release of Windows 10 Insider build 18975, Microsoft now lets you rename any virtual desktop to a custom name as shown below.

Custom Virtual Desktop Names

As you can see above, I created a desktop devoted to my apps and one for any games that I want to run. This allows me to keep my applications organized according to their purpose.

How to rename Windows 10 virtual desktops

If you want to rename a Windows 10 virtual desktop, please follow these steps:

1. Click on the Task View button as shown below.

Open Task View

2. In the Task View, click on the New desktop option.

Create new Windows 10 Virtual Desktop

3. You should now see two desktops. To rename one of them, simply click on its name and the field will become editable. Change the name and press enter and that desktop will now use the new name.

Editing the Virtual Desktop name

4. When done, you can press escape to leave the Task View.

Now you can switch between different desktops by going back into the Task View again and selecting the particular desktop or by using the Windows+Ctrl+Left or Windows+Ctrl+Right hotkeys.

source