Author Topic: Windows 10 version 1909 performance will get boost with favored cores  (Read 145 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
The Intel processors have cores with different frequency and voltage characteristics, and the cores which can offer better performance than others are theoretically called the ‘Favored Core’.

Microsoft’s current Windows 10 implementation and Intel Turbo Boost Max 3.0 move the single-threaded workloads to the favored core (the best-determined cores), which apparently boosts the performance.

In other words, Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 identifies your processor’s fastest cores and single or two core which has been determined to be the fastest is called the ‘Favored Core’. After determining the faster core in your Intel processor, the software directs your most critical workloads to them.

Intel’s Turbo technology has always been supported by Windows 10 and it appears that the performance will get even better in the next release. Windows 10 version 1909, also known as 19H2, implements a new rotation policy that will distribute your most critical workloads more fairly among these favored cores to deliver ‘better performance and reliability’.

“A CPU may have multiple “favored” cores (logical processors of the highest available scheduling class). To provide better performance and reliability, we have implemented a rotation policy that distributes work more fairly among these favored cores,” Microsoft noted.

Intel’s Turbo Boost feature is quite useful and it will eventually get even better with Windows 10 version 1909, but it’s worth mention that Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 and 3.0 are only available on select Intel processors.

The performance will also vary depending on hardware, software, and as well as system configuration.

All the Intel Core i5 and i7 processors support Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, while the Intel Turbo Boost Technology 3.0 is limited to high-end CPUs.

According to the latest information, Windows 10 version 1909 could be announced on October 2 and released on same day or launch could be pushed to October 3.

source