Author Topic: How to Use Twitter With Keyboard Shortcuts  (Read 122 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
How to Use Twitter With Keyboard Shortcuts
« on: December 09, 2019, 11:30:01 AM »
If you are using Twitter on the desktop, then it may be helpful to know that there are over 25 different keyboard shortcuts that you can use to perform various functions including creating new tweets, opening the Messages section, and opening Notifications.

I stumbled on this feature by pressing the? by accident while using Twitter and suddenly seeing a 'Keyboard shortcuts' overlay appear.

While some users already knew about this feature, many did not, so I thought it would be a good idea to share it as some of the keyboard shortcuts make it easier to use Twitter.

Using Twitter keyboard shortcuts

If you press the ? key while on Twitter and not composing a tweet, reply, or sending a message, an overlay will appear that displays all of the available keyboard shortcuts. 

Depending on whether you are using the new Twitter interface or the old, the keyboard combinations are slightly different.

For example, below are the keyboard shortcuts for the new user interface.  It should be noted that any shortcuts that have two keys and a plus in between them, means that you press those keys in sequential order, not at the same time.

New Twitter User Interface Keyboard Shortcuts - click to enlarge

Below is a table of the keyboard shortcuts for the new user interface:

click to enlarge

The old user interface also has a Keyboard shortcuts overlay that can be opened by pressing the ? key. While most of these shortcuts are the same as the new interface, there are some differences.

Old User Interface Keyboard Shortcuts - click to enlarge

Below is a table of the keyboard shortcuts for the old user interface:

click to enlarge

If you use Twitter from a computer, I hope you find these keyboard shortcuts useful

source