Author Topic: Swollen Microsoft Surface batteries issues being reported  (Read 113 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Swollen Microsoft Surface batteries issues being reported
« on: December 07, 2019, 10:04:23 PM »
It’s important for an enterprise of the size of Microsoft to understand how customers view their ownership journey with its products. So far, its been good but any unfortunate incident can turn this relationship hostile. The latest case of Microsoft Surface swollen batteries reminds us of this.

Swollen Surface device batteries issues

A growing number of dissatisfied Microsoft customers are taking to social media and support forums to report their grievances. All of them have similar complaints regarding swollen surface batteries, facing an increased risk of fire or even explosion.

Is there a chance that we can sue Microsoft for the Swollen Battery of Surface book? I have noticed hundreds of such cases of Surface book 1st generation battery swelling after purchase. This could cause a severe risk of fire and potential personal damage. Microsoft asks me for $599 for replacing the laptop after the three-year warranty, which seems unreasonable for me.

We, customers, purchase the product for 2k or 3k, and it’s obviously a design defect that leads to such a huge amount of complaints about battery problems. I wonder if it’s legally feasible that people who have the same problem can collectively sue the company for a free exchange, wrote Maximilian Gao, an angry Surface Book buyer.

Other Surface buyers are seeing the screens peeling off, bulging along the sides and keyboard dock. Microsoft’s response so far has been weak. It is yet to offer a permanent solution for the swollen battery issue of the original Surface Book. Customers noticing the above problem are advised to get in touch with the company via its stores. Microsoft support staff maintains that without warranty (3 years of original purchase), replacing the damaged battery would cost $599. On the other hand, if it is within the warranty period, they’d replace free of charge.

Unfortunately, a large number of these devices are now beyond the three years from the original purchase date. Nevertheless, you should contact your Microsoft Store or Microsoft Support and report the problem.

You can visit the Microsoft websites here, here, here, here, here and here to read about the problems being faced.

source