Author Topic: Xbox Series X preorders: Why you can't buy the next Xbox yet  (Read 262 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Xbox Series X preorders: Why you can't buy the next Xbox yet
« on: December 13, 2019, 12:41:25 PM »
While the Xbox Series X packs a ton of promise, you sadly can't lock down your console just quite yet.

Microsoft has unveiled the Xbox Series X, its flagship next-generation console succeeding Xbox One, promising leading performance at up to 8K or 120Hz. While formerly teased under the Project Scarlett moniker, it closes the year with an early glimpse of its top-tier SKU on track for late 2020. That includes a sleek all-black tower-style casing, with a refined Xbox controller characterized by a fresh look and share button.

The Xbox Series X is expected to go head-to-head with the Sony PlayStation 5 next holiday, kicking off a new hardware cycle scrambling for performance. Microsoft has detailed sizeable CPU and GPU upgrades under the hood, backing our previously-reported Xbox Series X specifications, looking to support improved resolutions, framerates, and overall graphical fidelity.

And while pledging to deliver Xbox Series X in 2020, Microsoft is yet to open preorders for the console. With a formal price yet to be unveiled, we're yet to receive the opportunity to lock down a payment – assumedly on hold until closer to launch. While some third-party retailers allow buyers to "register" interest and subscribe to future updates, there's no official option to preorder in late 2019.

With the Xbox Series X reveal, GameSpot sat down with Xbox partner director of program management, Jason Ronald, discussing the team's current stance of preorders. "We think, in the end, what people want from us is ... to put a controller [in their] hand," Ronald told GameSpot. "People tell me, 'Hey, I want to pre-order right now,' and we definitely love that--like it's great to have those fans--but I also know that these investments aren't trivial for families. I want to be transparent about what our design goals are."

So, when will Xbox Series X preorders go live? That's currently unclear, with Microsoft remaining coy on plans and when future updates are expected. Redmond is still locking down the final hardware configuration planned for the console, which makes sense given the full year before launch. When preorders do go live, expect Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy, and all other major retailers to stock the device.

Pricing for the Xbox Series X also remains a mystery, although with both Xbox One and Xbox One X positioned at $500 from launch, expect a somewhat similar ballpark for the next console. Whether the Xbox Series X sees a dedicated reveal event next spring, similar to the original Xbox One, or Microsoft shelves the device until E3 in June, expect to more on pricing, and how to place your order in 2020.

The Xbox One X is Microsoft's flagship product in the meantime, currently serving 4K gaming across hundreds of compatible titles. The console is now available below $350, notably less than the forecasted Xbox Series X price, if in need of the best today.

source