Author Topic: Download Quick Start Guide to Windows 10 from Microsoft  (Read 126 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Download Quick Start Guide to Windows 10 from Microsoft
« on: January 08, 2020, 06:44:39 PM »
Microsoft has released a guide on Windows 10, which is extremely useful if you new to Windows 10 or have just migrated from Windows 7 after the End of Support. If you fall into this category, then there is a lot that has changed, and you should not miss the guide. Microsoft has covered the fundamental topics to help get you up and running on Windows 10 without much hassle.

Quick Start Guide to Windows 10

Microsoft has covered the following topics in this guide.

1. Understanding your Desktop

2. Setup and Personalization

3. Apps and Programs

4. Tips and Tricks

5. Security, Privacy and scam protection

6. Accessibility

7. Windows Updates and Upgrades

8. Additional Resources.

I went through the eBook and being a long term Windows 10 users; I can see how well the guide has been designed. Each section has been explained in such a way that users will be able to understand it.

Take the example of the Start Menu guide, which is going to be new for Windows 7 users.  Each area is marked with numbers and explained well with details. It makes it easy for a new user to understand. The guide also has links to several videos if they wish to see a visual of step by step guide.

I will talk about some of my favorite topics here.

Security and Privacy

Microsoft has taken a lot of effort for both Security and Privacy. Microsoft Security Essentials has upgraded itself to Windows Security. It can safeguard against Ransomware. You can also choose how data should be shared. Permissions allow you to configure authorization for hardware devices such as Camera and Microphone.

Windows Updates and Upgrades

One of the best features which Windows 7 users will enjoy is Windows Updates. It is less annoying, and users have more control. You can choose to set it to download manually and update it when you wish to or pause it and decide what to do when there is a feature update. Apart from this, Windows 10 has been only receiving Feature Updates twice a year past 5+ years. Microsoft seems to have stopped releasing a new version of Windows and instead of updating the same Windows with new features. Businesses will have to worry less about compatibility and migration in the future.

Tips and tricks

Just like how Windows 7 has its set of tips and tricks, there are tons of them for Windows 10.  Microsoft has talked about Keyboard Shortcuts to speed up day to day usage, Windows Explorer, option to boot into Advanced Recovery mode from within Windows, the option to install or move Windows 10 Apps to another Drive, and more.

They have done significant work when it comes to accessibility as well. Ease of access dictation for easy device navigation is one of them, which makes it easy for anyone with special needs.

Moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Lastly, Microsoft has touched on this topic as well. They have explained Windows 7 end of support, System requirement of Windows 10, Upgrade or Buy, and how to move to a new Windows 10 PC.

If you are new to Windows 10, especially if you are moving from Windows 7, you must download & read this Windows 10 Quick Start Guide.

source