Author Topic: Surface Book 3 with NVIDIA Max-Q GPU appears online  (Read 100 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Surface Book 3 with NVIDIA Max-Q GPU appears online
« on: January 31, 2020, 01:00:16 PM »

Microsoft could be preparing to launch a new Surface device (Surface Book 3) powered by Intel’s Core i7-1065G7 and NVIDIA Max-Q GPU, according to a new benchmark spotted on 3DMark.

Last year, Microsoft refreshed its Surface Pro lineup and also unveiled Surface Neo/Duo, but it’ll be a whole three year since it released the Surface Book 2 in October 2017. It’s high time that Microsoft announced a new Surface Book product, and it looks a new device is on its way.

A 3DMark listing seems to show a Surface Book ‘OEMGC EV2 OEMGC Product Name EV2’ – running on a 10th generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 processor.

Microsoft has previously used a similar naming convention for Surface Laptop, Surface Pro, and Surface Go on Geekbench and 3DMark, hence this could be a new Surface product from the Redmond firm.

The listing revealed that Surface Book 3 (possibly the 15-inch variant) will use Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q GPU. This GPU comes with a Max-Q Design and it is based on  Turing architecture for thin and light laptops, and it offers better cooling technology.

Like the first and second-generation, Surface Book 3 includes both a dedicated GPU (dGPU) and a low-powered Intel mobile processor.

It’s also worth noting that Surface Book 3 could still come with other processors, but the GPU is likely to remain NVIDIA Max-Q.

As a Twitter user noted, Surface Book 3 with Intel Tiger Lake could be also in works.

Microsoft is likely to talk about the Surface Book 3, Surface Neo and Surface Duo at an event later this year.

source