Author Topic: Intel’s Cunning Plan To Beat AMD Revealed: New Leaked List Of Hyper-Threaded CPU  (Read 112 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
More slides have been posted online, this time via informaticacero.com in an apparent leak of more details surrounding Intel's 10th Gen desktop CPU plans for 2020. This time, the existence of F and KF-series CPUs, which indicate the lack of integrated graphics or iGPU, show that the company is seeking to fire a full broadside of new mainstream CPUs at AMD in a few months time.

It's also further evidence that Intel is aiming to end or at least limit AMD's Ryzen rampage by boosting multi-threaded performance. It's doing so in spectacularly simple fashion too, mostly by enabling Hyper-Threading. This gives a CPU multiple threads for each core and is an area AMD has gained ground with thanks to all its 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs sporting AMD's equivalent - Simultaneous MultiThreading.

Intel has reserved Hyper-Threading for its Core i9 mainstream desktop CPUs recently,
such as the Core i9-9900K above, but with its 10th Gen CPUs, this could change

Below you can see CPUs such as the Core i7-10700K and Core i5-10600K. Their equivalents - the Core i7-9700K and Core i5-9600K have eight cores and six cores respectively. However, they lack Hyper-Threading so they only have eight and six threads accordingly. With its 10th Gen CPUs, though, Intel is adding Hyper-Threading to these as well as other CPUs. In short, the Core i7-10700K becomes what the Core i9-9900K is now - an eight-core, 16-thread CPU.

If the latest rumors around pricing are true, Intel could be offering the new Hyper-Threaded CPUs for very similar prices to their predecessors. Not a particularly innovative way to boost performance, but if you vote with your wallet, it's a welcome move and should drastically improve Intel's multi-threaded performance.

Also in the line-up are new 10-core, 20-thread parts with the flagship being the Core i9-10900K. This adds two cores and four threads to Intel's flagship model, but a lot will depend on price as to just how competitive is compared to AMD, especially in multi-threaded content creation.

Of course, this isn't the first time rumors of this move have circulated. I reported last year on information obtained from supposed leaked slides that were then deemed to be faked. However, the new information is strikingly similar to that in my previous article below. The question is, of course, how much of a difference this will make for Intel when pitched against AMD's 4th Gen Ryzen processors, which are due to launch later this year too.

source