Author Topic: How to Delete Your Old Tweets  (Read 106 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
How to Delete Your Old Tweets
« on: July 01, 2020, 12:49:40 PM »

Everything on the internet is forever, but that doesn’t mean your tweets need to be. There’s almost no reason to keep your old tweets public, so in the video above, I share a few ways to clean up your Twitter timeline.

The official method
Twitter allows you to delete individual tweets through the dropdown menu pictured below. But there is no official way to delete tweets in bulk, which means you’ll have to rely on third-party solutions.

The third-party service I recommend and use myself is TweetDelete. The site allows you to bulk delete old tweets and likes from your Twitter account for free, with some advanced features available for a one-time $15 purchase. I have it set up to check my timeline every few days and automatically delete any tweets older than 3 months.

Jumbo

A privacy-focused app Jumbo is a great option on mobile devices. It’s an app we’ve recommended in the past as a great tool for taking control of your privacy and data on services like Google, Facebook, and Twitter. Jumbo can even archive the tweets it deletes locally or to a personal Dropbox account.

Keep in mind that all third-party solutions suffer from a limitation imposed by the Twitter API: They can only see and delete your last 3,200 tweets. So if you have 10,000 tweets to delete, you’ll have to run these services multiple times to completely purge your timeline. But trust me, it’ll be worth it.

source