Author Topic: This Android app shows what you need to know about your smartphone's battery  (Read 43 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
A lot of readers have been asking me lately about what's the best battery app for Android. Android offers quite a bit in the way of information about the battery and how apps are using it (head over to Settings > Battery, tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen, and tap Battery usage), but compared to what's on offer in iOS, it's pretty basic.

There are a lot of apps in the Google Play Store that deals specifically with the battery, and after weeks of testing, I've narrowed down my favorite -- AccuBattery.

AccuBattery

AccuBattery offers a lot. As well as offering deep insights into battery health, information such as actual battery capacity, charge rate, temperature, and voltage, it offers a wealth of other information.

For example:

• I can set a charging alarm so I can keep the battery charge under 80 percent to prolong the
     lifespan

• Look up battery consumption for the apps I run

• See how often the smartphone is woken from a deep sleep

• Get estimates of remaining used and remaining charge time

• Discharge speeds with the display on and off

And there's lots more.

It's the sort of app that you have to install and run for a while to get the full benefit from it, and after a week or so, I started to get some deep insights into what was using my battery a lot (having YouTube Premium running background was a heavy battery user for me).

The app also offers tips on getting the most from your battery.

It's a good app. I ran the free ad-supported version for a week or so, but then upgraded to the Pro version, which unlocked features such as historical data, dark mode, and a battery usage overlay.

Overall, I like this app a lot. If you're curious about how your battery is doing, then the free version might be all you need. If you get hooked, and the ads bother you, then the Pro version is worth considering for the $4 or so I paid for it.

source