Author Topic: Micron releases 500GB and 4TB variants of Crucial X6 Portable SSD  (Read 196 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com

While solid-state drives make wonderful internal boot drives for computers, they are also great options for external storage. Not only are they smaller than mechanical hard disk drives, but they use less power, and are much faster too. Quite frankly, if you are someone that needs to transport data on a portable drive, you'd be insane to still use HDD in 2021.

If you want a diminutive external solid-state drive, you can't go wrong with Micron's Crucial X6 Portable SSD. Not only is the drive fast, durable, and small, but it utilizes USB-C too. Not to mention, its design is so cute -- I absolutely adore the square body and its rounded corners.

The problem with this drive, however, is it was limited to just two capacities -- 1TB and 2TB. What if you liked the drive but needed less than 1TB or more than 2TB? Well, folks, I have great news. Today, Micron releases a 4TB variant of Crucial X6 Portable SSD. In addition, the company has a new budget-friendly 500GB model.

"Our customers are looking for convenient, fast and reliable storage at an affordable price -- and these two new capacity additions to the X6 portable SSD product line are further evidence of our commitment to the external solid-state storage market. There is no doubt we have reached a point where the benefits of solid-state storage outweigh those of traditional hard drives," explains Teresa Kelley, vice president and general manager of Micron's Consumer Products Group.

The 500GB and 4TB variants of the Crucial X6 Portable SSD can be purchased here immediately. The 500GB model costs just $69.95, while the 4TB is more expensive at $489.95. Of course, the 1TB and 2TB variants are still available too, priced at $124 and $189.95 respectively.

source