Author Topic: windows 10 keeps asking me to sign in with my microsoft account every 3 days  (Read 77 times)

Offline fdhealy4

I newly installed Windows 10 Home on my granddaughter's computer. I couldn't find a way to enable a "local account" during the setup screens so I hit the skip I'll do it later button. About every 3 days now when she wakes the computer the setup screen for signing into your Microsoft account appears. She doesn't have an email and I do not want her info going to MS. How can I get these sign in screens to not display and stick with a local account?
Dale

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Hi Dale,

Have a look here

Offline fdhealy4

Clarification
Currently I do have a local account. The issue is that every 3 days or so I get the setup screen blue box, it fills about 1/2 of the screen, trying to get me to sign up with a MS account. They are the same setup screens you see when you do the new install of the OS. Since the user of that computer is 7 she doesn't need to deal with this. I take care of the issue but I don't want to deal with it every 3 days either. I did see a post on the web that said to go ahead and sign up for the MS account, reboot, then go into the settings and switch back to a local account. Does that sound reasonable?
Dale

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
YES, that sounds very reasonable.  I have done that very thing in the past for clients.  I guess I miss interpreted your first comment...Sorry