Author Topic: Microsoft: Windows 7 Gets Some Authentication -- ware -- KB971033  (Read 1634 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
I just did a Windows update and KB971033 was there, however was was unchecked therefore I hid it. 

To hide this update right click it and then in the drop down menu click on hide.

For most people, O/S updates are nothing to fear, but if your operating system was free when it shouldn’t have been then it can be a stressful decision: “do I or don’t I”.

In this case, you should probably take the second option as the new Windows 7 adds a piece of nagware. It will remind you that your operating system in not genuine Microsoft and urge you to buy the real thing. So save yourself the trouble: right click and select hide update and you will be safe – for now
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 02:11:00 AM by javajolt »

Offline Jake

Re: KB971033
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:09:42 PM »
I've installed it on a few of my machines... seems to work fine.  And if not there's always my backup drives (complete drive backups every 3 days are pretty great).

EDIT:  I hate to be the bearer of bad news but to anyone who hid the update, Wzor believes KB971033 will be included inside Windows 7 SP1.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:10:05 PM by Irtehpasty »
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Re: Microsoft: Windows 7 Gets Some Authentication -- ware -- KB971033
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 06:46:41 AM »

I feel like you and Wzor that it will be included in SP1, however SP1 can be and will be edited and then slipstreamed into W7.

Offline xpac

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 06:29:44 PM »
So if SP1 can be and will be edited and then slipstreamed into W7 Ihave nothing to fear installing it but for the meantime
we should avoid this update. Thanks for the info javajolt & Irtehpasty.

Offline DMHolt57

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 08:44:18 PM »
Just remain calm, mouse away from the updates and hold off on SP1 till the fix is out.  Same as when Vista SP1 nullified all the cracks, there will be another fix...  ;)

Offline Snuffy

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 11:16:32 PM »
Why is everybody so SCARED for KB971033 ?????? It is almost totally harmless. The only HACK I know of that it triggers is HAZAR - WAT and RWAT.
have seen 3 ppl that state also it took CHEW.  but have not been able to prove the CHEW.  HAZAR and WAT & RWAT is almost 110% guaranteed to FAIL every time.

In my family I have 1 LEGIT- Legal Key used and 5 other systems,  HomePremium - Professional and Ultimate - ALL PASS  WGA & Genunine Validation from MS  by downloading specific programs from the MS Site which require Genuine Validation....

KB971033 is a PURE JOKE. (IMHO)
-----------------------------------------------------
I use Orbit30 ULoader 8.0 via Script to activate all my Illegal Editions -  HomePremium-Professional-Ultimate. It is available from many sites... The Version I use is here:
Code: [Select]
http://fliiby.com/file/827661/mbg51pshak.html
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 12:53:17 AM by Snuffy »
The only STUPID Question is the one you never asked.

Offline Snuffy

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 08:38:58 PM »
Currently testing several NEW Windows 7 and Office 14 (2010) Activators...
Programs are by some of the TOP - Activators in the County.
1. Orbit 30
2. Secr9tos
3. Anemeros

Still Beta but - WOW they really are comming together.....
and the list of OEM keys is still growing when used with the 2.1 Certificates (growing)  and the 2.1 Certificate Loader ( driver sys) WOW  ;)  ;) ;) is about all one can say....
MAK keys are hard to find but KMS Activators are working at nearly 99% + ratio....
Also for some who like to make there own AIO versions with embedded KEYs - the AIO Makers are comming along very well,
I'd say about 99% Ijiot proof.
Best of all.... every method I have been testing - ELIMINATES NOTHING... EVERY COMMAND  still works...(Nothing like WAT) which renames or stops something .... The Edition tested passes 100% WGA - (easy to do), passes Genuine Validation (easy to do),
and when you go to Microsoft Download site and it says Genuine Validation required... It passes at 100%.

Later..
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 08:05:02 PM by Snuffy »
The only STUPID Question is the one you never asked.