Author Topic: Is Microsoft finally embracing Blu-ray?  (Read 1348 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Is Microsoft finally embracing Blu-ray?
« on: April 17, 2009, 05:35:26 PM »

Maybe you noticed already, but in the latest installment of Microsoft's "Laptop Hunters" ad campaign, 11-year-old Jackson and his mother, Lisa, pick a 16-inch Sony Vaio notebook that's game-friendly and has something no Apple MacBook is offering: Blu-ray. When mother and son learn the Sony laptop has the feature, they practically give each other high fives, exclaiming in unison, "Blu-ray!"

I know this doesn't sound like a big deal--but it kind of is. For Microsoft, which was one of HD DVD's main supporters and fought Blu-ray tooth and nail till the bitter end, using Blu-ray (and, ironically, a Sony laptop) as a selling point in an ad is a sign that perhaps it's finally ready to bury the hatchet.

Somehow, I doubt this means we'll see Blu-ray in the XBox 360 anytime soon, but I'm sure a few folks out there wouldn't mind if Microsoft did offer a premium version of the 360 with a Blu-ray player for $100 more.

And heck, for the price of a MacBook Pro, it'd be nice if Apple also threw in a Blu-ray drive, no?

here is the link for the commercial...> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qui43P1kztw