Author Topic: iPhone 4G: is this it?  (Read 788 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
iPhone 4G: is this it?
« on: April 18, 2010, 06:23:52 PM »

Is this the iPhone 4G (or iPhone HD)? There's no way to tell for sure, but these photos which made their way into our hands certainly do a convincing job of making us think that's very much the case. Apparently the phone was found on the floor of a San Jose bar inside of an iPhone 3G case. Right now we don't have a ton of info on the device in question, but we can tell you that it apparently has a front facing camera (!), 80GB of storage (weird, right?), and isn't booting at this point (though it was previously, and running an OS that was decidedly new). It's not clear if this is definitely a production model, or just a prototype that found its way into the world, but it's certainly a compelling design, no matter how you look at it.

There may be a chance to get some more face-time with the handset, but we wanted to get these photos to you guys ASAP. Stay tuned, we're working on more details as we type -- for now, enjoy the gallery below!

Update: As a number of observant commenters and tipsters pointed out, this looks almost exactly like a Twitpic posted by TUDream on February 20th, which we're throwing after the break if for whatever reason the source link goes down. It's low-res, shows an indiscriminate bit of the inside, and some mysterious button / possible SIM slot in the middle of the other side. The mic holes on this pic seems to be larger, too.

http://i39.tinypic.com/33ylwg4.jpg                                 http://i41.tinypic.com/optq8o.jpg

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Questionable Next-Generation iPhone Rear Shell Images Surface
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 06:37:19 PM »
Update: Unsurprisingly, the pictures have been confirmed to be fake.

We have received a set of images purportedly depicting an iPad-inspired rear shell design for the next-generation iPhone. While we have questions about the validity of the images given their claimed origins and other issues, they are interesting enough that we have decided to publish them here on Page 2 for discussion purposes.

Text on the back of the claimed shell indicate that it is a 64 GB model, and the first line of small text includes Apple's traditional "Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China" information. Unfortunately, the images are not of high enough quality to interpret the second line of text, which would contain the model number and FCC and IC ID numbers.

The images also show cutouts for the same physical features found on existing iPhone models, with a circular camera lens hole at the top left of the rear shell, space for a ring/silent switch and volume rocker along the side, and dock connector, microphone, speaker, and a pair of screw holes along the bottom.

Metadata included with the images indicates that they have passed through Photoshop CS4, with the first two images carrying yesterday's date while the third carries a date of March 23rd.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 09:51:07 PM by javajolt »

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Images of iPhone 4G Actually a Japanese Counterfeit?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 06:41:44 PM »

The iPhone 4G images posted yesterday by Engadget seem likely to be fake. Applesfera reports that the device is a Japanese iPhone counterfeit. They have posted another image of the device (above) which is claimed to have been purchased in Japan by a reader.