Author Topic: Trouble Activating Windows 7 Ultimate Reloaded  (Read 5406 times)

Offline jkb242

Trouble Activating Windows 7 Ultimate Reloaded
« on: May 29, 2010, 05:07:43 PM »
Split from other thread to keep relevancy in check.  Will pin to top for now.
-Irtehpasty

javajolt,

Trouble the HP Win 7 that was completely activated--maybe self inflicted--maybe not.

Last night I noticed that I'm back to a black desktop background and "Windows is not Genuine", watermark--and indeed it is no longer activate.

Here are the only two things I remember doing Windows previous to this happening:

1) Noticed a KB971033 update ready for download--this update had already been applied a few days ago but was waiting to be applied again.  The first one was applied successfully.  So I felt confident to all this one as well.  

2) Installed Office 2010 using WTZ's  mini KVS Activator.  That worked as well.

That's it.   Within hours--win 7 was deactivated.  Any idea what could have cause this?

Do you know of anyway I can apply the uloader 8 Snuffy posted to reverse this or use the procedure with your script to reverse this.  Can this be reversed?  Oh the pain of beginning anew....but before I do, I need to know what caused this if possible so I can avoid it again.  

Any suggestions my friend?  I hope so.
 >:(

« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 01:59:54 PM by Irtehpasty »

Offline jkb242

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 06:00:50 PM »
Snuffy,

Something happened to the Win 7 javajolt uploaded which I installed last week and reported it was fully activated.  I may have caused myself unintentionally but here is all I can remember doing:

1) After the HP version was installed, I remember that the KB971033 was by default unchecked--but other updates were not.  All updates were performed and everything was fine. KB971033 was updated and performed at one of the other updates in the last day or so and I noticed it to be successful--still activated.  

2)Yesterday, I installed Office 2010 using WZT's mini KMS activator.  Last evening before turning in, the desktop was black and the watermark "This copy of Windows in not genuine" message.  Crap!!

Do you know if either the second update of KB971033 did this or perhaps the mini key activator for Office.  

Is there anyway to repair or reverse?  I used your Uloader 8 method, using the GUI from within windows but it did not work.  I had all the correct files in the directory specified but again, ran it from the desktop as Admin not from the command line.  That should be OK right?  

Any suggestions--I just want to find out what caused this primarily and not do it again, secondly repair what was done if possible.  If this is the nature of the patching game--I guess the only want to be sure it does not re-occur is to purchase.  I remember you saying you had many laptops and running with no issues so I feel the activation will work permanently but just want to understand what may have caused this.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!

Thanks!

Offline Snuffy

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 06:23:11 PM »
It does seem strange that it suddenly de-activated. 
Im sure the Orbit30 ULoader 8.0 will fix.  or even ODIN will fix.  but first several things need to be checked.
1. Download Slic-dump and run as admin, then post the advanced tab so we can tell. if your showing SLIC 2.1

Code: [Select]
http://fliiby.com/file/852398/yjzywbfd0u.html No Pass My upload
2. Does the SLIC agree with your BIOS.  copy of my Acer A0751h - Bios for Acer should = Acer SLIC, Dell = Dell, for sample.
If your BIOS does not agree with the SLIC reading.... that could be the cause.
3. KB971033 should not De-activate unless the KEY and Certificate does not agree. (Did you attempt a Dual Boot?)
OEM Activation needs SLIC 2.1 for 100% proper Activation.
4. mini-KMS Activator for Office 2010 should in no way effect the Activation, unless for some reason, SPP was disabled, which  would also stop the KMS activator from working.
5. Test per following an see:  slmgr.vbs -dli  & slmgr.vbs -dlv  & slmgr.vbs -xpr.  will show license info and expire time.
  Yes, this shows RETAIL but OEM should be the same... only OEM.
If your still not activated.... plz post a snip of your dli & dlv & xpr. 
then suggest you run slmgr.vbs -rearm    ( rearm will-unless 100% Non-Genuine will give you 30 days . )
Lets try and find why this install failed before we use a different PATCH to correct.
The only STUPID Question is the one you never asked.

Offline jkb242

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 07:20:16 PM »
Snuffy,

Thanks for the rapid reply.

I have the screen shots my system is SLIC 2.1 but I don't know how to attached to a message--never done that but I have the files ready to send.

please advise next step..

Offline DMHolt57

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 08:26:06 PM »
You should open a free account at Imageshack, Photobucket, tinypic, or some other file hosting site.  Then you upload images there and link to them on other sites.  ;)

Offline jkb242

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 08:48:23 PM »
Snuffy,

Been trying to get the screen shots to you but just discovered the additional options button that I never padi any attention to previoiusly. 

Screen dumps attached--I hope

At any rate, a rearm was required, thanks for that tip.  I was about ready to trash the entire load with pgms and all when I saw your message--thanks! 

If you have more ideas concerning how I can determine what may have caused this or if it is possible that this could happen again, I would like to know.  Maybe from the screen shots of the before I rearmed the system will help.  I guess I have 2 rearms left.  Your suggestions were quite helpful and much appreciated.  

The slmgr.vbs now reports that the system is licensed by not permanently activated.  It is indeed activated but possibly not permanently.  Something I would like to know more about.

Thanks again!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 01:30:25 AM by jkb242 »

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 09:07:16 PM »

you can attach an image by using + Additional Options left corner or upload your images to photobucket, tinypic or a picture hosting site of your choice then  paste the link into your message.

Offline jkb242

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 01:05:42 AM »
Thanks javajolt now I see what you are talking about.  I missed this completely--probably because I have never used this feature on the site previously.

Thanks again..

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 03:13:29 AM »
always glad to help

Offline Snuffy

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 03:53:11 PM »
JB - the error code you sent to me..error 0xc004f200.. indicates that you used RWAT or WAT. on the HP install.  It is not needed, and (IMHO) WAT or RWAT is the worse patch ever thought off.  The reason I say this, is (Microsoft can any time they want - this has been proven many times in the past and it will continue in the future.) MS does a fast scan of specific files and if it finds any System File changed, modified, stopped. it sends to you a NON GENUINE NOTICE.  I do know that many people use WAT and RWAT and like it...
basically find WAT or RWAT which ever one u used, and did not need, and open then uninstall.  REBOOT and then see if your GENUINE statis returned.  The Edition of Windows you installed (per this thread) was Activated and should still show Genuine.... The Install I used is Still working 100%.

After you uninstall WAT/RWAT you might have to run cmd prompt (as Admin)  sfc /scannow ---- so that all your System Files will be FIXED. you also might have to reboot 2 or 3 times.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

Offline jkb242

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 06:09:03 PM »
Snuffy,

Much thanks for the additional input.

Since your last comments and suggestions to my original post of loosing genuine status on my version of Win 7, I followed the suggestion of rearming and that worked but I'm now down to 2 rearms remaining--hopefully I won't need them.

That's not the end to this however because running slmgr -wpr my status shows "licensed" not "permanently activated" as the original untouched version javajolt posted.  I am wondering why this is the case.

Additionally, I fully agree with you about WAT/RWAT--I never installed these programs. Certainly, the error code points to something attempting to fix the WAT notification but I never installed either of these. 

If either are there, how do I locate and uninstall whichever one is installed?

I ran sfc /scannow and it found corrupt files and fixed them.  I looked through the log but could not find which files were fixed.

Is there any value in searching the CBS log to find what was repaired?  Again, I have not found or removed WAT or know how to do this--it's not a program that shows up in the list of programs installed in the control panel.

Finally, did you get my last post showing the last results of the -dli -dlv and -xpr screen shots?

Awaiting your response,

Thanks!   

Offline Snuffy

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
Some times SFC simply does not show repairs.    since slmgr.vbs works then WAT or RWAT is not installed.
you might try : slmgr.vbs -ato  to activate an see what that says.,
slmgr.vbs -xpr (not wpr) i hope is only mistype.
You might try to activate with ULOader as DELL since your a DELL system.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
or manually add the Dell Certificate   
then add the DELL Ultimate Key... some systems fail unless the KEY and Certificate are PROPER.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you can simply uncompress ULoader to c:\ULoader
then modify the setupcomplete.cmd to read as
---------------------------------------------

@echo off

start /wait %~dp0ULoader.exe /s slic= Dell loader= Default cert= Dell key= 342DG-6YJR8-X92GV-V7DCV-P4K27 info= Dell /r

DEL %systemroot%\setup\scripts\ULoader.exe /Q

RD %systemroot%\setup\scripts /S /Q

del %0
------------------------------ save and then execute--------------------

Offline jkb242

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 07:05:14 PM »
Snuffy,

Here is an update to the last email.  After running sfc /snnow and rebooting then immediately checking windows status--no change still activated  but then running the cmd line slmgr with -dlv it returned status as "permanently activated" I followed that by running the -xpr switch and it revealed the status as "licensed"   then I re-ran slmgr with the -dlv switch again and it too showed status as "licensed" when only a few minutes previous it showed "permanently activated".

Something indeed is up but what I'm not sure.  There are no error codes showing WAT presence even though I did not attempt to find and remove it (since I am unsure how to do this).

Previous to this, and after rearming yesterday to fix the non-genuine status, I used uloader8 to modify Info, Key, certificate to match a DELL OEM provided by the instructions in uloader8.  I modified all these parameters per the setupcomplete.cmd (sample text file) to match a DELL OEM load.  The modified setupcomplete.cmd was placed in the script sub-folder along with Uloader8.exe and the key.ini file, all per the instructions.  

The only odd result was that it still showed the HP key not the Dell key that was placed in the Setupcomplete.cmd file.  

When I hit the windows key+Break I saw the Dell logo--not the HP logo but the key reported with the -dlv switch, showed the HP key????  

Anyway, after just running the sfc /scannow cmd line script--I am fully back to HP but still not showing "permanently activated".  This leads me to believe that something is still not quiet right.

Offline Snuffy

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »

This leads me to believe that something is still not quiet right.
Did you right click and run ULOader 8.0 as ADMIN....
If you do not run as ADMIN it can not DO ALL that is NEEDED. 
If you run in cmd prompt  make sure you start -> cmd (right click run as admin).  you have to DO AS ADMIN to do what is needed.

Many of the Manufacture that do new drivers. also look to see if 100% legit.
1. The Certificate must match the KEY.
2. If you use a SLP Key and do not have SLIC 2.1 it (fails).
There are several places you can get the PROPER SLIC 2.1 Certificate. ULoader adds the proper Certificate but you must run as ADMIN. or it will not post proper.
2.1 Certificates =
Code: [Select]
http://fliiby.com/file/844412/qaq3itpaip.html NO pass needed - my upload.  extract the proper Certificate = your BIOS.
You can obtain the proper KEY from ULoader 8.0\keys.ini

Install the Certificate or License. then Install the proper KEY.  The KEY and Certificate must be PROPER. If not you will not be ACTIVATED PROPER.
ULoader 8.0 should be able to UNINSTALL any CRACK that has been used ... NO it will not do WAT or RWAT..( info for others.)
On the Setupcomplete.cmd ( you must run as Admin ). or do manually (still as Admin).
REMEMBER the Certificate must match the KEY to be PROPER

Offline jkb242

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 12:19:35 AM »
Snuffy,

When I get the error message I sent you it happens if I run as Admin or not.  Uload will prompt with a message the operation is not allowed but implies that if continue or ignore is selected it will run.  I realize this is a bit strange but I can't understand why when I run the Uloader8 GUI and right click, selecting run as admin, it seems to make no difference in the warning messages I receive.  Maybe Windows does not consider me Admin--but isn't that the reason to run as Admin?

I have not tried running the setupcomplete.cmd I created from the Dell text you sent me--I check that file several times in notepad and indeed it is correct--and it still retains the .cmd extension.

How would you run it at the command line---uload8 /setupcomplete.cmd ??  You still have to run uload8 before the setupcomplete can do anything right? 

Offline Snuffy

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 12:42:25 AM »
NO, If you run ULoader from  ULoader it does not run the SETUPCOMPLETE.  open the folder and double click setupcomplete.cmd
If you run the Setupcomplete.cmd it tells  ULoader to follow the instructions you gave it...
Recommend you place ULoader 8.0.rar in the folder... c:\ULoader - uncompress it 100%. do not delete any thing. but you can edit-change the setupcomplete.cmd if any of the files are missing it will not run correctly.  The only problem might be if your BIOS is SLIC 2.1 already, then you should run the SLIC 2.1 and not non-slic.  there is a big difference.  If you tried the non-slic setup and it failed... then try this one... plz note the difference.
make sure you open ssetupcomplete.cmd with right click - edit.
then save ...
--------------------setupcomplete.cmd ------------------- slic 2.1 in Bios.
@echo off

start /wait %~dp0ULoader.exe /s smod= Dell key= 342DG-6YJR8-X92GV-V7DCV-P4K27 info= Dell

DEL %systemroot%\setup\scripts\ULoader.exe /Q

RD %systemroot%\setup\scripts /S /Q

del %0
----------------------------------------------------------------notice the difference in Non-slic and Slic enabled.
save and double click to operate.  If you have bios slic 2.1 you do not need to add a certificate.  let me know..Pssss: all this info is contained in the program..
if nothing else. plz send full info on your computer, model, bios installed, etc etc
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 01:19:22 AM by Snuffy »

Offline jkb242

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 03:16:55 AM »
Finally--the smod= rather than slic= did the trick,  much thanks for the assistance and continued help.

I do have another issue I am working on that is really giving me a bad time.

I am using Acronis Home workstation 2010 for the win 7 version I am building.  Once complete, I will image it and dump to a larger drive which is not free yet so I am having to do this in stages.

I have made one test image and restored to a temporary partition on a different drive but while it boots, the desktop is goofed up and takes forever to load--an then it really never fully completes.

The drive letters are also wrong on the image--this is a known problem I have run into before with images.  I have tried to remove the system drive and leave only the one with the restored image connected and that usually allows the bios to make the correct assignments but that's not happening so easily either.

If there are any really good imaging programs you could recommend other than Acronis which before they began hacking up their software, I swore by.  Use to be great stuff.

My problem could also be that originally when I partitioned these drives, I think I used Paragon 9 and they aren't exactly what they once were either.  But that could be missing up the MBR but has been flawless until this exercise.

Anyway, open to comments ans suggestions for sure.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Snuffy

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 04:33:10 AM »
Actually you should start a new thread on this.... but to answer your ?
1. I do not use - nor do I like Paragon.. from all the other forums I visit.... paragon is the problem child.
2. I use Acronis never had a problem with it... does everything i can think of that I can also do with MS tools included in Windows 7.
3. Suggest that you use 1 or the other program but not BOTH.... they do the same thing only a little differently.
4. Made a Bootable CD for Acronis.... then you can boot to disk, and restore the working image which you just made....
5. make dang sure you name them properly.... like i have
a. Win7-RTM-1st Act.  sort of tells it like it really is.
b. Win7-RTM-Office 2010 - Activated. 
c. Win7-Off2k10-SP1  so if jammed up I can install back to Original clean install activated or with Office 2010 installed. or with SP1
d. Win7SP1-all update  every official and unofficial update. installed.... so if something goes screwey and I can not uninstall SP1 beta, I can go back to (b) and then install the Official Release of SP1..

I also move the original as a copy to OFFLINE storage... that way I can also have Acronis do a 1st of Month update....  just in case...
beta testing is a HAZARD in it self... so you have to have a FULL installable BACKUP just in case.

Offline jkb242

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 05:09:20 AM »
Thanks Snuffy, I know what you mean--I have been in that horror story as well.