Author Topic: Latest Windows 7 Leak Claims to be RTM  (Read 1119 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Latest Windows 7 Leak Claims to be RTM
« on: July 17, 2009, 05:51:08 AM »

This from Tom's hardware a highly respected publication and written by Marcus Yam. Pay close attention to the last paragraph.  I made
this statement Sunday I believe...javajolt

W7 W8
W7 W8

The race to RTM occurs even in pirate waters.

Leaked builds of Windows 7 hitting file sharing networks are claiming to be "very, very possible FINAL RTM build."

More than one piracy scene group today released iso disc images that bear the build string and filename "7600.16385.090713-1255_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRMCULFRER_EN_DVD.iso."

It's unclear how different this is from  build 7600 that leaked onto the internet last Sunday, though the filename indicates that it was compiled on July 13, 2009 at 12:55 p.m., making it a few days newer than the one previously leaked.

Microsoft did follow up with a comment on July 13, saying, "Just because a single build may have 'leaked' it does not signal the completion of a milestone such as RTM."

Furthermore, Microsoft's Windows Communication Manager Brandon LeBlanc warned users against using leaked builds of Windows 7. "As always, beware of what you download. There are many bogus copies of Windows 7 floating around the Internet. More often than not, they contain a rather nice malware payload," he said.

"When Windows 7 hits RTM, it will be announced here," LeBlanc continued. "Until that happens, any builds you are likely to see on the web are either not the final bits or are laced with malicious code."

Offline Snuffy

Re: Latest Windows 7 Leak Claims to be RTM
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 07:17:02 PM »
Info from WZOR:
And so, we announced the preliminary results available to vote on the willingness WINDOWS INTERNATIONAL 7 to RTM release:
"FOR" - given 7004 votes - 82%
"AGAINST" - 24 votes - 0.28%
"Had not voted" - 1513 votes - 17.71%

To ensure that the vote is successful in the results should not be a single vote against.
  Those who voted against it, or should withdraw its "no", or must justify the need to delay for another two weeks, as well as the need to justify the failure to remedy the error detection set hotfiksov.
These preliminary results for 16 hours at MSK 16.07.2009 year.
We look forward to hearing more ....
Ця & Co.
Upon installing the latest version.
Windows 7 7600 x86 16385 - the lower right corner after 2n reboot, showed Evaluation Copy.
So not sure, but it does work, and it works better than 7264. (IMHO)
The only STUPID Question is the one you never asked.

Offline madindehead

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 02:11:43 AM »
From what I read on wzor.net today, the final version has been signed off already.

"and now we see that those votes "against" were withdrawn to vote, and now the decision "for" votes unanimously adopted 8541, which we congratulate you and all. In the vote was attended by leading engineers of Microsoft.
What's next?
Gold code signed, but with no clear distribution.
   Let me make one suggestion which is destined to be realized, as follows: immediately (ie, Saturday-Sunday) after the signing of the gold code should be rebuild or replacement in the EULA are already signed 7600.16385.090713-1255 in the new assembly has the final distribution and it rebuilt the distribution will be available July 24 at CONNECT."

From http://wzor.net/page/indexx.html and Google Translation.

Anyone else got something to report?

Offline littlemax9

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 05:00:50 AM »
have u patched/activate it by 2nd reboot with any activators  ?
“People liked NASCAR because the constant crashes made it exciting, and this gave me an idea...” - Bill Gates on Microsoft Windows