Author Topic: MWC 2013: Nokia Launches Lumia 520, Its Most Affordable Windows Phone 8 Device  (Read 347 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com

It’s a good feeling when good rumors come true. One report that had gathered some good pace was of the Lumia 520, Nokia’s most affordable Windows Phone 8 smartphone.

And it just want official earlier today.

The latest expansion to the Finnish company’s Windows Phone 8 lineup is meant to prove that even affordable device can pack some serious punch when it comes to performance. And by punch I mean performance almost rivaling the more expensive Lumia 620.

A dual-core 1 GHz Snapdragon S4 processor is packed in with 512MB of RAM, but the most impressive feature of this budget smartphone is the 4-inch IPS LCD (with an 800 by 480 pixels resolution) that, dare I say it, is super touch sensitive — responsive even when using gloves.

8GB of internal memory is standard fare, as is a microSD card slot for additional storage.

It also comes with a 5 megapixel rear camera, capable of recording 720p video, and a 1430 mAh battery is included in a package that is only 9.9mm thick. Or, in this case, thin.

A blog post on Nokia Conversations website summed up the designs aesthetics:

“It comes in yellow, red, cyan, white and black, and if you can’t decide which you want, the shells are exchangeable so you can change to a new color whenever you fancy.”
Lumia 520 also supports Nokia camera lenses that are available on more expensive Lumia sets, like Cinemagraph and Smart Shoot. And the company’s music streaming service, Nokia Music will also be available on the handset.

The smartphone is set for arrival in the first quarter of the year at a price tag of just $183.

Hong Kong and Vietnam are set to be the first to receive the device, but it should hit store shelves in other markets in Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa soon after.