Author Topic: Fix: Windows 8 tiles are not working  (Read 603 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Fix: Windows 8 tiles are not working
« on: April 09, 2014, 05:51:31 PM »
Some users, using Windows 8 are finding that their Tiles on the Start Screen, do not work or respond. One of the most common issues some of them have encountered, is when you try to click on a Metro tile nothing happens i.e. it won’t open any application. In this article I’ll suggest you few tips that would help resolve this problem.

Windows 8 tiles are not working

Step 1:

According tolot of cases I have come across – in order for the Metro tiles to work, we need our screen resolution to be more than 1024×768. So make sure you have a display resolution on or over 1024×768.  To change the resolution Right click on Desktop and click on Screen Resolution.

Step 2:

It’s been reported that if UAC is turned off completely then the Metro applications won’t work properly. So make sure you don’t disable UAC. To check it

• Click on Control Panel

• Scroll down and click on “More Settings

• Click on “User Accounts and Family Safety”

• Click on User Accounts

• Then click on “Turn On or Off User Account Control“

• Make sure the you have set the settings to “Default” as shown in the below picture.

Step 3:

Some users have reported facing this problem when using Windows Live Account as the default login, if you are doing so, change it to Local account, i.e. Create a new Windows user make it login under Local account. Then see if it works.

• Click on Control Panel and Highlight Users then click on Other users (Add User)

• Now click on “More about logon options”.

• Now select “Local Account

• Then fill in your information and Log off you account to log-in to your new account.

Step 4:

Finally if you have issues with your Display drivers Metro tiles cause not to work. So I would recommend to install latest display drivers. If the drivers are not installing try to install it under compatibility mode. Few GPU manufactures has tweeted that they would send the drivers through Windows update. So apply all the Windows update and see if it works.

Note: If you are using Avast antivirus software, you might want to turn it off and see if it helps resolve the issue.

If nothing works then run a Repair Install of Windows 8.

twc