Author Topic: How to change Battery Saver Mode settings in Windows 10  (Read 157 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
How to change Battery Saver Mode settings in Windows 10
« on: July 14, 2015, 06:50:36 AM »
Windows 10 brings with it multiple new features and Battery Saver mode is one of them. When, in the active state, the feature conserves battery life by limiting the background activity and adjusting the hardware settings. It then displays information related to amount of battery life and estimated time a user has remaining.

Battery Saver Mode in Windows 10

When you turn on Battery Saver in Windows 10, the following happens:

1. You will not automatically receive emails or calendar updates

2. Live Tiles may not update

3. Apps will not be allowed to run in the background.

You can enable or disable Batter Saver by toggling the Battery Saver is currently button to On or Off. You will find that the feature is disabled by default. If turned on, it becomes visible when the battery level falls below 20%. Nevertheless, you can change this setting and set the feature to a higher limit, say 30%.

Press Win+I to launch the Settings app and then navigate to System > Battery Saver. Here, depending on your requirement, you can turn Battery Saver  on or off manually. If you wish to configure its settings, click Battery Saver settings to control its automatic activation.

This Battery saver setting panel, will allow you to:

1. Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below

2. Allow push notifications from any app while in battery saver mode

3. Lower screen resolution while in battery saver mode.

If you would simply like to disable the feature if you do not find it of much use to you simply, follow the steps as outlined above but in the end simply uncheck the option ‘Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below’.

You can also set when battery saver should turn on automatically by moving the slider. To raise the limit just slide the bar to a desired value. The default is 20%, but you may move it to 30% if you wish.

This panel also allows you to add apps which can run in the background, even when your Windows 10 computer is running in battery saver mode. Clicking on Add will open a list of the installed apps. Select the one’s you want.

In addition to the above settings, Windows 10 contains additional Energy Saver settings under advanced power settings in Control panel.

twc