Author Topic: Realtek Driver update keeps being offered by Windows Update  (Read 159 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Realtek Driver update keeps being offered by Windows Update
« on: September 17, 2017, 06:12:24 PM »
I recently noticed that I was offered an update for Realtek – Net driver, for my Windows 10 PC, which I dutifully downloaded and installed successfully via Windows Update.

Then again a few days later, I was offered this update. I again installed it. This happened several times, and then this started irritating me.

If you too are being offered this or any other driver update repeatedly, here are a few things that will help you get rid of the issue.

Driver update keeps being offered by Windows Update

1] Deleting the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder is likely to help you. The Software Distribution folder in Windows operating system is a folder located in the Windows directory and used to temporarily store files which may be required to install Windows Update on your computer. This post will show you how to delete the contents of the Software Distribution folder. Flushing this folder has been known to help fix several issues. This data store also contains your Windows Update History files. If you delete them, you will lose your Update history. Moreover, the next time you run Windows Update, it will result in a longer detection time.

2] Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and see if it helps you.

3] Perform Clean Boot and then run windows update

4] Since it is a Driver update that is being offered, you could block this particular Windows Update.

Where To Get The "Show Or Hide Updates" Tool

The Windows & drivers updates blocking tool from Microsoft is named "Show or hide updates" and it is distributed as troubleshooting application. You can find the official support page and download link here: How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10. If you want to go straight to downloading it, click or tap this link.

The actual tool is a small executable file of only 45.5KB, named wushowhide.diagcab.

5] If you wish you may configure your Windows 10 to prevent automatic Driver updates.

6] If Windows 10 keeps installing the same update perhaps something in this post will help you.

7] This post gives additional ideas on what to do if Windows Update fails to install.

Hope something helps!

source